This 21 Day Fix Easy Lemon Chicken recipe is so versatile – make it for dinner, meal prep it for lunch, or serve it for company. It’s THAT good! Oh – and it’s also gluten free!
Confession #94- I have the best momma.
She helps me with my kids, with my cleaning, errand running, etc. She also COOKS for me.
And she’s kind of a babe, too.
Her birthday was yesterday and we were talking about how age is just a number. Which is super easy for her to say…given the fact that she looks at least 15 years younger than she actually is.
But I have to give her credit- even before eating clean and eating organic was a thing (like before Whole Foods, people), my mom shopped local health food stores and farm stands.
Long before I started FIXing recipes, she took our family’s favorite meals and made them healthier.
And, in her late thirties, she became a group fitness instructor and personal trainer…she just loved helping women get in shape.
I guess we have a lot in common, huh? I’m hoping the whole healthy lifestyle thing works as well for me as it has for her!
Anyway, this recipe for lemon chicken is my mom’s. She uses a mix of butter and olive oil to get the flavor of my favorite restaurant dish without overdoing the fat and calories.
It’s simple enough for a weeknight, but delicious enough for company on the weekend! Oh- and we use rice flour, so our version is gluten free! Depending on the type of butter you use, it can also be dairy free.
If you give it a try, let us know! My mom loves reading your comments, too! ?
Easy Lemon Chicken
- 1 lb boneless chicken breasts I like them on the thinner side
- 1 tablespoon + 2 teaspoons clarified or vegan butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup rice flour or regular flour
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 lemons sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- Fresh parsley if you have some! we didn't
- Mix together rice flour, garlic powder, and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Lightly dredge each piece of chicken in flour mixture, shaking off excess.
- Over medium heat, melt butter mix in olive oil. Brown chicken on each side for 2-3 minutes. Transfer to a plate and keep warm.
- Turn heat up to high and deglaze your pan with the lemon juice and chicken broth. Reduce heat to medium and stir liquid with the browned pan drippings from chicken.
- Add chicken back to pan and top with lemon zest. Simmer on low heat for about ten minutes. Sauce should thicken a bit. Top with lemon slices and simmer for 5 more minutes. Sprinkle with additional salt and pepper if desired and top with fresh parsley, if you have it.
- Delicious served with brown rice and steamed veggies!