Roasted Feta Cheese Dip with honey is a simple and delicious, gluten free app, perfect for any gathering! With only 4 ingredients and easy prep, you can have this on the table in less than 20 minutes!
Do not make this recipe if you are trapped home alone with a napping toddler.
I tell you this from experience.
Because unless you have people to share this amazing Honey Roasted Feta Dip with, I guarantee you will eat it all yourself.
Not that I would blame you.
I mean, it’s Feta. And Honey. And it’s baked to bubbly perfection.
If you can somehow make this and walk away after eating your 1/4 portion for the day, you deserve a medal. And I deserve an explanation.
I am always a huge fan of Feta, but something incredible happens in that oven when you add just a touch of olive oil and honey. It’s a melty, cheesy, miracle of sorts.
Perfect for your holiday appetizer spread, although you might want to double the recipe.
Not surprising, I found this in an old O Magazine that I had mixed in with my Christmas stuff and I modified it for the FIX.
You could definitely serve this with any kind of sliced bread or toasts, but to keep the calories down, I used my favorite gluten free crackers from Aldi.
This dip is so good, you could spread it on anything and love it. For real.
Oh – and speaking of Aldi, I get lots of my cheese there. It’s delicious and the prices are hard to beat. I used their crumbled Feta for this recipe because I like to measure it out using my BLUE container, but you could easily used a block of Feta for this, too.
Actually, I also used their organic olive oil and honey, too! I guess my love for Aldi is almost as strong as my love for Feta.
Anyway, if you give this recipe a try, let me know what you think!
Enjoy this Feta Cheese Dip recipe!
Easy Honey Roasted Feta Dip
- 1 1/3 cups crumbled Feta or sub a full block
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- Ground black pepper
- Thyme sprigs for garnish (optional)
- Gluten-free or multigrain crackers optional for dipping
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place feta in a small oven safe dish or ovenproof skillet (I used my cast iron pan. Be sure to use a dish that's just large enough to hold the cheese; otherwise, oil could catch fire under broiler.
- Pour olive oil over feta and bake until cheese is soft but not melted, about 8 minutes. Remove from oven and heat broiler.
- In a small microwavable bowl, combine honey and 1 tsp. water. Microwave until thin and easy to pour, about 20 seconds. Pour honey mixture over feta. Broil until top of cheese is golden and begins to bubble, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Season with ground black pepper and garnish with thyme, if using. Serve warm with crackers.
I’m totally looking forward to trying this. I do have 1 question though.
Tthe 1/2 T honey: the T is for tablespoon? or tea spoon?
The combination of these simple ingredients creates a delicious taste.
Where did you get your dip pan?
Believe it or not, it’s actually part of the Pioneer Woman set from Walmart!