This 21 Day Fix Instant Pot Balsamic Pork Tenderloin is the perfect weeknight dinner. So quick and easy to throw together with pantry ingredients and some veggies on the side! This post contains affiliate links for products I am obsessed with.
Confession # 121 – I am writing this blog post from my house. I am alone. These are statements that even a few months ago felt like total impossibilities. I mean, I can count on one hand how many times before now I was home alone without my kids.
And you know what? It’s really freaking weird.
Amazing. But weird.
How did this come to be? Well my little guy started preschool last week. After months of searching for the right fit…and doubting whether school would even happen this year…he was selected for a local inclusion based preschool and I am so, so thankful that it seems to be working out.
Look at that face, right? He is such a mamma’s boy. Anyway, I am so proud of him and thankful for all of you amazing teachers and therapists, especially in the special ed world, who make school a safe and happy place for our kiddos.
And while I clearly need to get used to this feeling of being alone, something tells me it won’t take long at all. 🙂
Speaking of not taking long (sorry for the awkward transition, but preschool isn’t all day, I’ve gotta get to that pick up line soon), this Instant Pot Balsamic Pork is quite the quick dinner!
Turns out pork tenderloin, not to be confused with pork loin, cooks very quickly in the Instant Pot. When researching times, I saw recipes that even called one minute of pressure…but I like my pork a little more well done than that.
I cooked mine for 5 minutes, then did Natural Pressure Release for 6 minutes before switching to Quick Release. While I was making the gravy, I let the pork rest and it was perfectly tender!
Oh – and can we talk about the gravy for a sec? I’ve made this meal so many times in the Crock Pot, but damn this Instant Pot knows what’s up. Just set the pot to saute, add a tablespoon or two of rice flour or arrowroot and stir until BOOM, gravy. It happens pretty fast, so you may need to remove the inner pot from the base if you need to remove from heat quickly.
My new preschooler and my husband couldn’t get enough and actually requested it for dinner the very next day. Next time I’ll double the sauce and just make two. If the cook time needs adjusting, I will let you know!
**Oh – and I am updating to say I have made this with potatoes and baby carrots in the same pot! After searing the pork, I placed the trivet on top and added the broth. Then I placed cubed potatoes and carrots on top of the trivet. Perfect one pot meal!Print
This 21 Day Fix Instant Pot Balsamic Pork Tenderloin is the perfect weeknight dinner. So quick and easy to throw together with pantry ingredients and some veggies on the side!
- 1 (1.5 lb) pork tenderloin
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup of chicken broth or stock
- 1/3 cup of balsamic vinegar
- 1 T honey or maple syrup
- salt and pepper
- 1 T rice or arrowroot flour (can sub thickener of choice)
- Optional: 2 cups of baby carrots and 2 cups of cubed red potatoes
- Set Instant Pot to saute. When it’s displays the word hot, add 2 tsp of olive oil to the bottom of the pan. Saute pork tenderloin on all sides until it gets to a nice golden brown, then sprinkle thoroughly with salt and pepper. **If adding the optional potatoes and carrots, place trivet on top of pork, the add carrots and cubed potatoes to the pot.
- Mix broth, balsamic and honey together and pour over pork (and over veggies if using). Place and lock lid on the IP, and set to manual/high pressure for 5 minutes.
- When cook time is up, natural pressure release for 6 minutes, then switch to quick release.
- Remove pork from Instant Pot and let it rest for at least 3-5 minutes while you make the gravy. Switch pot to saute and stir in thickener. Keep stirring until a gravy forms, seasoning to taste. Remove from heat before gravy gets too thick.
- Pour gravy over pork, slice and serve!
1 RED, .5 tsp
Weight Watchers Freestyle Points – 6 per serving
- Serving Size: 1/4 of tenderloin
Keywords: pork, pork tenderloin, instant pot, dinner, meat, gluten-free, dairy-free