- 1 cup of carrots, peeled and sliced into half-moons
- 1 cup of chopped celery
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 of an onion, diced
- 1 – 1 1/2 pounds of lean ground chicken
- 1 (28 oz)can of diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon chili powder, or more to taste
- 1/4 cup hot sauce, or more to taste
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup of blue cheese crumbles
- cooking spray
- Coat your Instant Pot with cooking spray. Set to Saute and brown ground chicken until cooked through. Add in onions and cook for a few minutes to release flavors. Add in the rest of your veggies and stir. Set to keep warm.
- Pour tomatoes in a blender and pulse a few times so the texture is more like a chunky tomato juice. Add 2-4 cups of the tomato (less leads to a thicker chili…I used all 4 cups and loved it) to the Instant Pot, along with chili powder and hot sauce.
- Set to normal pressure with a cook time of 20-25 minutes. I did 25 minutes and the veggies were very soft, so go closer to 20 if you want your veggies more firm. It took about ten minutes for my pot to come to pressure.
- Meanwhile, mix the blue cheese crumbles with the Greek yogurt for the topping.
- When the cook time is up, carefully switch to quick release. Taste and adjust seasonings, if desired.
- Sprinkle with chives and serve with the blue cheese yogurt on top!
1 RED, 1 GREEN per serving. Be sure to count 1/4 BLUE for the blue cheese topping
Weight Watcher Blue Points – 0 points per bowl without topping (using 98% FF ground chicken), 1 point per bowl with topping (using 98% FF ground chicken and FF Greek Yogurt)
- Serving Size: 1 1/4 cups
Keywords: chili, soup, gluten-free, paleo, whole 30, instant pot, mexican, chicken