This quick and easy 21 Day Fix Mexican Street Corn Salad has all the flavors of the classic on the cob version, but it’s portioned perfectly for the FIX (and it’s much easier to eat, too!).
Confession : As far as carbs go, I am not one to usually spend one on corn…well, unless it’s in the form of a corn tortilla. Ooh..or corn bread. Corn itself is not something I typically crave (and I HATE getting it stuck in my teeth) and there are just so many other enticing and delicious carbs out there (I’m looking at you, pasta).
This Mexican Street Corn Salad, however, is a total carb craving game changer.
I think it’s actual name might be Crack Corn, or at least that’s what I started calling it.
Have you ever had Mexican Street Corn before?
If not…let me introduce you to your new favorite party salad, which also doubles as a dip. Or (drool) a taco topping!
It literally comes together in minutes, too. And you can use fresh corn cut from the cob, or frozen corn…or even corn from a can. Either way you are going to toast it up with some butter and garlic and it will be oh so delicious.
And then you will mix the corn with all the usually Street Corn fixings like jalapeño, red onion, and loads of cilantro. I also added some cotija cheese and a creamy lime dressing.
I first tried this dressing with Greek yogurt only, then I tried it with mayo only, but ultimately decided on a blend of both. You could tweak it if you are diary free or don’t like mayo…but just know that I am not usually a mayo fan, and this dressing was the ISH!
I love Mexican Street Corn Salad warm, cold, as a dip, on a spoon, in my tacos, on a salad…it can literally be used in a millions delicious ways! And you can keep it for several days in the fridge, so it’s one of my new favorite things to prep.
I hope you love it as much as I do! And don’t forget to tag me on social if you make it…I love seeing your delicious creations!
21 Day Fix Mexican Street Corn Salad
- 4 cups corn can be fresh off the cob, frozen, or canned
- Cooking oil spray
- 3 teaspoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 1 jalapeño diced and seeded
- 3 tablespoons minced cilantro
- 1/3 cup Cotija cheese you can sub feta if you want
- chili powder
- Himalayan salt
For the dressing
- 2 tablespoons mayo
- 1 tablespoon plain Greek yogurt
- Juice from one lime
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- Mix the ingredients together for the dressing and set aside or store in the refrigerator until you are ready for it.
- In a nonstick or cast iron pan, spray cooking oil spray, then melt the butter over medium heat. Add in corn and sauté until it begins to toast, gently stirring kernels around with a rubber spatula and lowering heat if necessary so the kernels don't burn. Add in garlic for the last minute and cook until fragrant. (if you are short on time, you can skip this part and just toss everything together!!!)
- Remove corn from heat and add it to a mixing bowl. Toss in cilantro, jalapeño, and red onion. Stir, then pour in the dressing and finally the cheese. Sprinkle with some salt and some additional chili powder, adjusting seasoning to taste.
- Garnish with some additional cilantro, if desired!
- This will last 4-5 days in the fridge. Enjoy!