Low Carb Nachos using mini bell peppers are not only cute, but so yummy! Juicy ground beef and simple fresh salsa give these the flavor they need. Don’t forget your favorite toppings!
Confession #80 – I have been blogging for a year now, and yet I feel like such a rookie. I still get super confused anytime code comes into play, I still have tons of old posts that need updating, and I still use an iPhone for my pictures.
And then I think about it.
I have been blogging for a year.
How awesome is that?
And what is even more awesome? You are reading this post. People are reading this post.
I started blogging because I wanted an organized place to share healthy meal ideas with my friends and family, especially those in my challenge groups. I had a Facebook page, but it was getting too hard to search old posts and pinning was impossible.
So I took a whole day at the end of April 2015, and moved all of my old content from Facebook onto this blog.
And I took a chance.
And what’s even more amazing – somewhere along the line, you took a chance on me. And I couldn’t be more grateful.
Your comments, shares, and Facebook likes mean more to me that I can express. Thank you for making this hobby of mine more rewarding than I ever could have imagined.
Today I am going to share one of my first recipe posts from my Facebook page that never made it over to the blog because, honestly, the pictures were so awful. I made it for dinner last night and re-shot it (with my trusty iPhone of course) and, while I have so much more to learn, I am pretty proud of how far I have come.
21 Day Fix Mini Bell Pepper Nachos
1-2 T of homemade salt-free taco seasoning OR the following spices:
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- Sprinkle salt
- 1 lb ground meat I used 95% lean ground beef
- 1 lb mini peppers halved and seeded
- 2/3 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 cups prepared fresh salsa
- Fresh cilantro
- Additional toppings - avocado, plain Greek yogurt, olives, etc
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown meat until just cooked through. Add spices and 1/4 cup of the fresh salsa. Sauté until well combined. Remove from heat.
- Preheat oven to 400F and line a large baking try with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Arrange mini peppers in a single layer, cut-side up but very close together. Press down on peppers to make "chips".
- Sprinkle with meat, the remaining salsa, shredded cheese, salt, and fresh cilantro. Bake for 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melty.
- Remove from oven and top with desired toppings. Serve immediately.