This, people, is so good, it’s bananas.
Oh – and it’s also mint.
But my kids think it’s mint chip ice cream, because, well, it tastes exactly like mint chip ice cream. Even my husband agreed.
I need to do some research and find the person who discovered this banana ice cream phenomenon. Who are you, mystery person? Because I think I love you.
Anyway, if you haven’t tried it, what are you waiting for? Seriously. You are going to be so mad when you see how easy it is…and how yummy it tastes.
And since we make it practically every night here, we have been experimenting. This mint chip version was totally blog worthy, especially if your garden is full of mint like mine is!
Just turn it on and watch the magic happen!
If you are a mint chip fan, give this one a try and let me know what you think!
This post may contain affiliate links for products I’m obsessed with. Thanks for your support.
- 2 frozen bananas (frozen in slices)
- 1/4 cup of fresh mint leaves, or more to taste
- 4 tsp dark choc chips or cacao nibs
- splash of almond milk
- Add frozen banana slices and mint leaves to your food processor. Blend until smooth, adding in a splash of almond milk if necessary. You may need to stop and scrape the sides occasionally. This could take 3-5 minutes, so trust the process.
- Once your ice cream is the right texture, add in chocolate chips or cacao nips and freeze or enjoy right away!
1 serving is 1 PURPLE and 1 YELLOW treat, unless using Cacao nibs, then it’s 1 PURPLE and 1 tsp! I say go for the nibs!
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
Keywords: dessert, treat, chocolate, mint, ice cream, frozen dessert, fruit, vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free