Pumpkin frosting shooters. You need to make these now.
As in, stop what you are doing, head to the store and get what you need for this recipe.
It’s that good. So good, that I am posting this pumpkin frosting recipe now, before I even perfected the mini cupcakes I planned to use as the base for this delicious topping.
Let’s be honest, we only care about the frosting anyway. Right? Or is that just me?
Anyway, this 21 Day Fix approved Vegan Pumpkin Frosting was a HUGE hit in my house. I recently put my son on a Gluten Free/ Dairy Free diet, so I have been exploring lots of new food choices and recipes. I saw someone post a recipe for dairy free whipped cream using full fat coconut milk, and I became intrigued…and then I had the idea to make a Pumpkin version of this cream for fall.
As I said – total hit. As in, we ALL loved it, even my super picky older child. I am hoping to find and create lots of recipes like this one that fits my son’s needs, but can be made for the whole family.
My daughter and I are going to work on those cupcakes, but in the meantime, this was great chilled and eaten with a spoon. I also added some to my coffee for a homemade latte without the chemicals. The possibilities are endless, so I would love to hear what YOU do with this one. If you try it, let me know!
Here is the pumpkin frosting shooters recipe:Print
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 1/3 cup unsweetened organic pumpkin puree
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 10 drops liquid Stevia, or to taste (powdered works too. Start with a small pinch) or sub maple syrup or honey – start with 1 tablespoon
- pinch of Himalayan sea salt
- Chill coconut milk in your refrigerator overnight undisturbed. Remove from the fridge and gently turn the can upside down, but be sure not to shake it. Open the can and remove all of the clear coconut water. Save this for your Shakeology
- Put the thick cream in your mixer bowl and add the pumpkin, pumpkin spice, stevia, and salt and whip until you have soft fluffy peaks. Taste and adjust sweetener as needed.
- Frost your cupcakes, top your coffee, or grab a spoon and enjoy this amazing fall treat! I topped mine with a sprinkle of cinnamon. Yum!
divide into 3 servings – 1 BLUE each
Keywords: pumpkin, fall, seasonal, treat, dessert, frosting, sweets, gluten-free, vegan, low-carb, grain-free, snack
Are you doing a round of the 21 Day Fix? Don’t do it alone – let me coach you! Contact me at trueconfessionsofafitfoodie AT gmail DOT com to join my current challenge group for daily motivation, recipe ideas, and the support of over 200 women. Check out my Etsy Shop for 21 Day Fix eBooks with full grocery lists, prep tips, and easy to follow recipes!