Dinner in 20 minutes? Totally possible with this easy and yummy Italian Chicken Skillet! You only need a few ingredients, too, so this one is a TOTAL win for all the crazy busy nights!
My dishwasher has been broken for quite some time now.
It’s also my newest appliance which makes this even more annoying. We tried getting it fixed, but that went nowhere fast.
Needless to say, I am SO over washing dishes.
Luckily, I have also been working on an ebook with quick, one skillet/one pot recipes, which definitely has made clean up SO much easier. I have a few more recipes to perfect and photograph before it’s ready…and since my new dishwasher won’t be here for a couple of weeks, it’s really the perfect time for this little project.
Here is a sneak peak of one of the recipes – it almost tastes like a chicken Parmesan dinner, but it’s so much faster!
Quick and easy comfort food ready in 20 minutes or less. Serve with some zoodles or a side salad for a complete meal!
Add olive oil to an oven safe skillet. Season thinly sliced chicken with salt and pepper. Saute chicken until fully cooked, flipping halfway, about 4 minutes on each side. Thicker chicken will need to cook longer!
Add in sliced garlic and saute for a minute.
Stir in crushed tomatoes, oregano, and red pepper flakes. Bring to a simmer for a few minutes while sauce thickens.
Turn off the heat and top with mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
Place under the broiler for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden. Serve immediately!
Serving size – 1 piece of chicken – 1/4 GREEN 1 RED 3/4 BLUE (sprinkle some more parm cheese on top for a perfect BLUE)
Wanna see me make it? Check out this video!
I hope you enjoy this quick Italian chicken skillet recipe!Print
Italian chicken skillet is a one pan dish that is quick and easy to make, It tastes like a healthy version of chicken Parmesan.
- 1/2 Tablespoon olive oil
- 4 thinly sliced chicken breasts (1 lb)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 3 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes, 2 cups if you are serving this with zoodles or pasta
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese (2B Mindset can use low fat)
- 1 T of Parmesan cheese
- Add olive oil to an oven safe skillet. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Saute chicken until fully cooked, flipping halfway, about 4 minutes on each side. If your chicken is thicker, it will require a longer cook time.
- Add in sliced garlic and saute for a minute; Stir in crushed tomatoes, oregano, basil, and red pepper flakes. Bring to a simmer for a few minutes while sauce thickens.
- Turn off the heat and top with mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
- Place under the broiler for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden. Serve immediately!
Serves 4 | Serving size: 1 chicken breast
21 Day Fix: 1/4 GREEN, 1 RED, 3/4 BLUE (sprinkle some more parm cheese on top for a perfect BLUE) per serving
WW: Green – 5 points, Blue – 3 points, Purple – 3 points (per serving) [Calculated using 1 cup crushed tomatoes and reduced fat mozzarella cheese]
Keywords: italian, chicken, stove top, low-carb, high protein, gluten-free, grain-free
Need more meal ideas? Check out my Etsy Shop for 21 Day Fix eBooks with full grocery lists, prep tips, and easy to follow recipes!