Using the flavors and ingredients from spinach and artichoke dip, you can create a perfectly portioned flatbread version to stay on plan!
There are so many Skinny Superbowl recipes on Pinterest right now…I need several hundred extra hours in a day to try them all! Oh…and several hundred blue and yellow containers, of course.
I am especially interested in trying some of these lighter spinach dip recipes. I have a huge weakness for the stuff and have seen several made with Greek yogurt and cottage cheese! Amazing.
For today, I am going to be sharing this idea I had for a pizza.
Since I sometimes can’t stop myself from overeating appetizers, I was thinking of how I could make a perfectly portioned spinach and artichoke dip and not get off plan. I love seeing those mini dip cups for parties, but who has time for that? Plus I could see myself swiping several and still eating more than my share.
Anyway, it finally hit me. I need to put the flavors on a pizza.
Deliciously portion controlled and perfect for lunch, dinner, or a Flatbread style appetizer!
If you give it a try, let me know what you think!
Spinach and Artichoke Pizza
- Olive oil spray
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 2 1/2 Tbsp shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 1/2 Tbsp shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh spinach
- 1/4 cup artichoke hearts drained and quartered
- 2 tablespoons ricotta cheese
- 1 Flatout or similar wrap
- Sprinkle red pepper if desired
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Farenheit.
- Mix garlic and olive oil together in a small bowl and let sit for a few minutes.
- Spray olive oil on Flatout and cook for 2-3 minutes until wrap begins to crisp.
- Spread ricotta cheese on top of flat out, followed by garlic and oil mixture.
- Top with spinach and artichoke hearts.
- Finally, sprinkle with shredded mozzarella and parmesan.
- Cook pizza for 6-8 minutes until cheese is bubbly. Sprinkle on some crushed red pepper if desired.