Zucchini crab soup is so delicious, I can’t even say the name without craving it. It’s delicious hot or chilled, and it is a great way to use up the bounty of zucchini in your garden. This post contains affiliate links for products I am obsessed with.
Confession # 46- I have a total woman crush on Gina Homolka of Skinnytaste.com.
You’ve heard of Skinnytaste, right? If not, you need to check it out.
And, bye, because once you see Gina’s site, you’ll probably never come back here.
She’s just so awesome. I want to be her when my blog grows up.
My recipe today, zucchini soup, is adapted from one of Gina’s amazing recipes. This soup is a great way to make use of that giant zucchini in your garden. I’ve been making this soup for years, and recently adapted it for The Fix. Oh,and I always add jumbo lump crab to make it even more special. But it’s equally as delicious without it, so try it whether you like crab or not!
Updated – I also tried this with bacon instead of the crab and WOW…another keeper. #everythingisbetterwithbacon
For more Zucchini recipes, check out this awesome list of over 30 delicious recipes!
I hope you’ll try this zucchini crab soup recipe. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Skinnytaste
21 Day Fix Zucchini Crab Soup (Instant Pot Option)
- 1/2 small onion quartered
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 medium zucchini skin on and cut in large chunks
- 32 oz reduced sodium organic chicken broth veggie is great, too!
- 2 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt or sub full fat coconut milk for dairy-free
- Himalayan salt and black pepper to taste
- fresh grated Parmesan cheese measure in a blue container
- fresh herbs
- jumbo lump crab a good quality is KEY!
- turkey bacon
- olive oil I used Tuscan oil from The Bodacious Olive
- Combine chicken broth, onion, garlic, and zucchini in a large pot over medium heat and bring to a boil. Lower heat, cover, and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes.**For Instant Pot, combine all the ingredients and set to 5 minutes, manual high pressure. After cook time, switch to quick release and follow the rest of the instructions!
- Remove from heat and purée with an immersion blender, or in batches in a regular blender. Add the yogurt, and herbs (if using) and purée again until smooth.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and adjust to taste.
- Eat it plain, or squeeze in some lemon and add crab, Parmesan cheese, and drizzle with a delicious olive oil.
I love this soup hot, but it’s also great chilled. Awesome, right?
Are you doing a round of the 21 Day Fix? Don’t do it alone – let me coach you!Contact me at trueconfessionsofafitfoodie AT gmail DOT com to join my current challenge group. The group offers daily motivation, recipe ideas, and the support of over 200 women. Check out my Etsy Shop for 21 Day Fix eBooks with full grocery lists, prep tips, and easy to follow recipes!