This Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup is quick, healthy, and delicious! Perfect for the 21 Day FIXer, or anyone looking to eat clean! This post contains affiliate links for products I can’t live without.
This bowl of deliciousness took only a fraction of the time it would have in the Crock Pot. In fact, it took me around 30 minutes total.
And if you ever left for the day and FORGOT to turn on your crock pot (it can’t be just me, right?), you hear me loud on clear on that, don’t you?
Oh – and while I am at it, even if you forget to take your chicken out of the freezer…you are STILL a-ok.
I guess what I’m saying is the Instant Pot is going to be the end of all your excuses. You will have get a little more creative the next time you want to stop at the drive through.
And this recipe is easy to begin with – you just dump a bunch of ingredients and and voila…an amazingly delicious soup.
While your soup is cooking, take a few minutes and make some yummy baked tortilla strips using some corn tortillas, sea salt, and some olive oil spray.
This is the same method I use for my homemade tortillas chips…and we are obsessed with both the chip and the strip. My 8 year old makes them herself now!
There are a few less strips here because little hands wouldn’t stop grabbing them.
So freaking good.Print
This Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup is quick, healthy, and delicious! Perfect for the 21 Day FIXer, or anyone looking to eat clean!
- 1 1/4 lb raw boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 3–4 Breasts)
- 10 oz. diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 14.5 oz. diced tomatoes (no salt added)
- 1 cup frozen corn thawed
- 1 cup black beans (no salt added), drained & rinsed
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups of organic, low sodium chicken broth or stock
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. Himalayan salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 4 organic corn tortillas
- olive oil cooking spray
- Himalayan salt
- Optional toppings – avocado, cheese, lime, Greek yogurt, cilantro
- Toss all the ingredients for the soup into your Instant Pot and give it a stir.
- Turn onto to manual setting for 15 minutes. It will take about 10-15 minutes to come to pressure. When the timer is up, carefully switch to quick release (I put a kitchen towel over the top to be safe). Once the the steam stops, carefully open the lid and shred the chicken with two forks.
- To make homemade tortilla strips:
- Preheat your oven to 350 and cut the corn tortillas into strips. Spray with olive oil spray and sprinkle with Himalayan salt. Bake for about 10-15 minutes.
- Enjoy with toppings!
6 servings – 1/2 RED 1/2 GREEN 1/2 YELLOW each (1 YELLOW with the tortilla strips). Don’t forget to count the toppings!
Weight Watchers Freestyle Points per serving – 1 (this includes the tortilla topping, but not other toppings)
- Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups
Keywords: mexican, instant pot, chicken, soup, chicken, dinner, lunch, gluten-free, dairy-free