Confession #85 – Every time I make my Lasagna Roll Ups, I quickly whip up a tray of these, too. And my week gets infinitely better.
How could you be in a bad mood with so much ooey, gooey cheesiness happening in one week? Especially since all this delicious comfort food is completely and 100% on plan.
Here’s what you are going to do.
You are going to save your whole blue for these peppers because it’s freaking worth it. Oh – and instead of using rice, you will add zucchini to the filling to make this a solid two GREEN dinner…therefore saving your YELLOWS for some wine. And my coconut macaroons, of course.
And you will laugh. Because when you started the FIX, you were nervous you would be eating salads day in and day out.
Are you on board? Because this could be the greatest week in 21 Day Fix history!
Serving Size: 1 pepper
- 4 large green bell peppers, tops, ribs and seeds removed
- 1 lb extra lean grass fed ground beef
- 2 cups homemade or no sugar added tomato sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 cups of shredded zucchini or zoodles
- 1 1/3 cups shredded Italian cheese blend
- fresh basil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash peppers and dry very well with kitchen or paper towel.
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef with the onions until meat is cooked through. Add garlic and cook for an additional minute.
- Add in the zucchini, 1 cup of the tomato sauce, 2/3 cup of the shredded cheese and simmer for 2-3 minutes on medium low heat. Taste filling and sprinkle with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Spray a square baking dish with olive oil cooking spray and set peppers upright. Fill them with the meat and veggie mixture and top each with remaining tomato sauce. I usually add some sauce to the bottom of the tray, as well. Cover tightly with foil and bake for an hour or refrigerate/freeze until you are ready to bake.
- After an hour, uncover peppers and top with the remaining cheese. Bake an additional 5 -10 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Garnish with fresh basil and enjoy.
21 Day Fix Container Count:
1 RED 2 GREEN 1 BLUE
Looking to make meal planning easier? Check out my Etsy Shop for eBooks with recipes, full grocery lists, and prep tips!