Sautéed Zucchini is a simple and savory side dish you’ll be stirring up at least once a week. Made with sliced zucchini, a dash of salt and pepper, and sautéed in light, flavorful olive oil and ready in minutes. This post contains affiliate links for products I’m obsessed with.
Since so many have you been asking for some more side dishes, I present to you one of our favorites – sautéed zucchini. Seriously, I think I make this dish once a week. It’s so easy and so much better for you than heavy starches or fried favorites. And my picky daughter discovered, thanks to Hibachi, that she loves sautéed zucchini so anytime I can get my kids to eat an actual veggie, I am happy!
This simple veggie dish is so easy and only takes about 10 minutes total, including prep time!
Ingredients for this Simple Sautéed Zucchini Recipe
With just a few simple ingredients, you’re on your way to a delicious and healthy dish!
- zucchini – Yellow squash is a great option as well or do both! Whichever you choose, slice them into half-moons.
- olive oil – Olive oil is by and large the most versatile and healthiest of oils to choose from when cooking. Not to mention the delicious flavor it brings when sautéing vegetables.
- salt and pepper – To taste.
- optional garnish – Parmesan cheese and fresh herbs make a great garnish to finish off your side dish!
How to Make Sautéed Zucchini
This simple, sautéed zucchini comes together in minutes. It’s a great way to add a bit of green to your weeknight meals!
- In a large ceramic, cast iron, or stainless skillet, add in the olive oil and heat on medium heat. Be careful not to get your pan too hot as olive oil has a very low smoke point and you want to make sure it doesn’t begin to burn and smoke.
- Add in your zucchini (or yellow squash) and season with salt (and pepper, if you like it). Cook, stirring occasionally, until the zucchini is tender but still slightly crisp. This should be about 5 minutes.
- Enjoy as is or garnish with parmesan cheese and/or fresh herbs!
How can I dress up the simple side? Are there variations to this recipe?
The beauty of this side dish is that you can completely customize it so it never gets old.
Add onions, garlic, mushrooms, carrots, or corn. Throw them all in, mix in chicken or tofu (or the protein of your choice), cut the parmesan garlic and drizzle with a balsamic glaze and your side dish suddenly becomes the starring attraction!
Or simply mix in a dash of red pepper flakes for a kick of spice, or your favorite seasoning blend to customize your zucchini however you’d like.
What can I serve this with?
I make this simple side with basically everything! Super good with my:
How long does sautéed zucchini stay fresh?
Store in an airtight container for up to 3-4 days.
When reheating, heat on stovetop over medium heat until warm all the way through. You may need to add a drop or two more of olive oil to keep from sticking.Print
Sautéed Zucchini is a simple and savory side dish you’ll be stirring up at least once a week. Made with sliced zucchini, a dash of salt and pepper, and sautéed in light, flavorful olive oil and ready in minutes.
2 –3 large zucchini and/or yellow squash, sliced into half moons
2 tsp olive oil
Salt and pepper
- In a large ceramic, cast iron, or stainless skillet, add olive oil and heat on medium.
- Add in zucchini and season with salt (and pepper, if you like it). Cook, stirring occasionally, until the zucchini is tender but still slightly crisp, about 5 minutes.
- Enjoy as is or garnish with parmesan cheese and/or fresh herbs
21 Day Fix Containers: 1 GREEN, 1/2 tsp
WW: Green, Blue, Purple – 1 point (per serving)