Confession #95 – On weeks that I don’t meal plan, I can usually string things together pretty well until about Thursday.
What is it about Thursday?
So close to the weekend but yet so far?
And I don’t think I’m alone. I have heard this from several of my challengers and meal plan clients. It’s like the week starts to get out of control and the next thing you know, you are at the take-out window and off your plan.
This is exactly where meals like this one come in. No, silly, I didn’t stop at Chipotle (although, if you are gonna do take-out, it’s a pretty healthy option in my opinion).
No. I just grabbed my crock pot and made what is definitely the easiest of dinners ever. Because as the week goes on, my meals get easier and easier. The same for my meal planning clients – as much as I love my Lasagna Roll Ups, you will never see them on the menu for a Thursday night.
This Salsa Verde Pork Tenderloin is so quick and easy, you can press snooze and still have time to assemble it before going to work or getting the kids on the bus. It’s literally only two steps.
- Open a jar of Salsa Verde and place a pork tenderloin in your crock pot.
2. Pour the salsa on your pork. Set to low and cook for 6 hours.
And that’s it.
It’s almost embarrassing how easy it is. Don’t think I didn’t pretend to have slaved over it.
I kept it simple for toppings, as well. I actually put it over cauliflower rice and topped with with store bought fresh salsa and guacamole. Oh – and lots of fresh lime. Super delish!
If you give this a try, let me know!
Serving Size: 2/3 cup of meat
- 1 pork tenderloin (should be enough for 4 servings)
- 1 jar of Salsa Verde (look for one without preservatives and added sugar)
- optional toppings: fresh lime, fresh salsa, avocado, cheese, cilantro, rice, cauliflower rice. Anything goes!
- Place pork in crock pot and top with Salsa Verde.
- Cook for 6 hours on low.
- Slice or shred your pork and add toppings of your choice.
- Tell no one how easy this was. Let them think you slaved.
21 Day Fix Container Count:
each serving is 1/2 GREEN and 1 RED. Don't forget to count your toppings!