In your Crock Pot or in your Instant Pot, this 21 Day Fix Salsa Verde Pork comes together so quickly, but tastes amazing alone or in tacos, burrito bowls or salads! Perfect for lunches or dinner! This post contains affiliate links for products I am obsessed with.
Confession #95 – On weeks that I don’t meal plan, I can usually string things together pretty well until about Thursday.
What is it about Thursday?
So close to the weekend but yet so far?
And I don’t think I’m alone. I have heard this from several of my challengers and meal plan clients. It’s like the week starts to get out of control and the next thing you know, you are at the take-out window and off your plan.
This is exactly where meals like this one come in. No, silly, I didn’t stop at Chipotle (although, if you are gonna do take-out, it’s a pretty healthy option in my opinion).
No. I just grabbed my crock pot and made what is definitely the easiest of dinners ever. Because as the week goes on, my meals get easier and easier. The same for my meal planning clients – as much as I love my Lasagna Roll Ups, you will never see them on the menu for a Thursday night.
This Salsa Verde Pork Tenderloin is so quick and easy, you can press snooze and still have time to assemble it before going to work or getting the kids on the bus. It’s literally only two steps.
- Open a jar of Salsa Verde and place a pork tenderloin in your crock pot.
2. Pour the salsa on your pork. Set to low and cook for 6 hours.
And that’s it.
It’s almost embarrassing how easy it is. Don’t think I didn’t pretend to have slaved over it.
I kept it simple for toppings, as well. I actually put it over cauliflower rice and topped with with store bought fresh salsa and guacamole. Oh – and lots of fresh lime. Super delish!
If you give this a try, let me know!Print
- 1 (1-1.5 lb) pork tenderloin (should be enough for 4 servings)
- 1 jar of Salsa Verde (look for one without preservatives and added sugar)
- optional toppings: fresh lime, fresh salsa, avocado, cheese, cilantro, rice, cauliflower rice. Anything goes!
- Crock Pot: Place pork in crock pot and top with Salsa Verde.
- Cook for 6 hours on low. Slice or shred your pork and add toppings of your choice. Tell no one how easy this was. Let them think you slaved.
- Instant Pot: Spray IP with cooking oil spray and turn to saute. Sear pork on all sides, then top with Salsa Verde. Place lid on the Instant Pot and lock. Set to manual/high pressure for 5 minutes. When cook time is up, natural pressure release for 8-10 minutes. The longer you leave it, the closer to a shredded texture it will be. Release remaining steam and remove lid. Enjoy!
21 Day Fix Containers- 1/2 GREEN and 1 RED per serving. Don’t forget to count your toppings!
Weight Watchers Freestyle- 3 points per serving. Don’t forget to count your toppings!
- Serving Size: 2/3 cup of meat
Keywords: pork, mexican, salsa, slow cooker, instant pot, dinner, high protein, gluten-free
And if you like this one, you must try my Salsa Lime Chicken which is just as easy and also crazy good.