This 21 Day Fix Chicken Pad Thai Zoodles dinner is a light and delicious take on Chicken Pad Thai. It’s packed with flavor, but gluten free, soy free, and 21 Day Fix-approved! This post contains affiliate links to products I’m obsessed with.
Confession #64 – My goal this week has been to shower more often.
Now that I am on leave and spend my days at home with my children, I have no idea where the time goes. And how I once managed to workout, shower, and commute nearly an hour each morning. All before 7:3oam.
I need to get on a schedule. It would help if my sweet son would sleep through the night for me. Perhaps then I wouldn’t press snooze a million times, ensuring another day of ponytails and sweat pants.
Anyway, day three has gone pretty well. I even managed a bit of lip gloss.
My other goal was to make a fix inspired, soy free, and gluten free version of my favorite take out dish – Pad Thai. I miss our little neighborhood Thai restaurant from our days living in Philly. I haven’t found one in the burbs that compares.
In total honesty, this may not be perfect from a Pad Thai purist standpoint, but it was still SO yummy. I left out a few key ingredients – namely fish sauce, sugar, and soy sauce, and replaced them with coconut aminos, honey, and fresh lime juice. The result – a deliciously bright and fresh tasting dinner- way better than a lot of take out I’ve had.
Look at me…crushing goals and it’s only
I hope you enjoy the chicken Pad Thai zoodles recipe!
Chicken Pad Thai Zoodles is a light and delicious take on Chicken Pad Thai. It's packed with flavor, but gluten free, soy free, and 21 Day Fix-approved!
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
- 4 teaspoons coconut oil, divided
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 stalks green onion, cut into 2" lengths
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 1/2 cup matchstick cut carrots
- 2 large zucchini, cut into noodle spirals
- Himalayan salt
- dash of crushed red pepper
- 1 lime
- 1 T honey
- 4 T coconut aminos (or more to taste)
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
- Make a quick Pad Thai sauce by mixing 1 T lime juice, honey, coconut aminos and crushed red pepper. Set aside.
- Season the chicken breasts with Himalayan salt, and cook in 1 teaspoon of the coconut oil over medium heat. When finished, remove from pan and wipe pan clean with a paper towel.
- Using another teaspoon of coconut oil, cook scrambled eggs in pan. Remove when finished and set aside with the chicken. Again - wipe the pan clean with a paper towel.
- Using the remaining 2 teaspoons of coconut oil, cook the green onion, garlic and ginger for a minute until fragrant.
- Add carrots to the pan and stir fry for another few minutes before adding chicken and egg back to the pan.
- Add zoodles and cook for a minute or until they begin to soften. Add Pad Thai Sauce and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning if desired.
- Divide into two plates and top with freshly squeezed lime juice, chopped peanuts and cilantro. Serve with additional lime wedges.
21 Day Fix Container Count:
each serving is 1 RED, 1 1/4 GREEN, 1 ORANGE, 2 tsp