This 21 Day Fix Greek Pasta salad is packed with tons of veggies to keep you full and on track at all of your summer BBQs!
Confession #91 – While I totally believe in the whole 80% 20% rule for eating, and the idea of everything in moderation, I still have trouble stopping myself from eating more of certain foods when I do eat them.
Like Pasta. I’m cool with my yellow container until I fill it with pasta. Then it’s just sad.
I love my zoodles and spaghetti squash, so this isn’t a huge issue, but I was craving pasta salad this weekend and one little yellow scoop wasn’t going to cut it.
So my goal was to fill it with enough delicious veggies to have a proper serving and not feel deprived. I love the combination of fresh grape tomatoes, cucumbers, and red onion, but also added some fresh broccoli cut up into small florets.
Perfecto! This salad has the perfect amount of crunch from the fresh veggies and flavor from the herbs, dressing, lemon, and feta cheese. And one serving was a whole heaping 1 1/2 cups! I hardly had room on my plate for anything else.
I used half of the orange container allotment for olives because I’m obsessed, but if you would rather omit, you could double the dressing instead. I happen to like my pasta salad with less dressing, but if you like it with more, you can totally do that and still be on plan.
This would be a perfect thing to bring to a potluck or picnic or even a make ahead lunch for the week! You could always add some diced chicken, tuna, or even top with some egg for a protein kick.
- 3 cups of cooked whole wheat or gf pasta
- 2 cups of diced cucumber
- 2 cups of broccoli florets, cut up small
- 1 1/2 cups of grape tomatoes, cut in half or left whole (mine were the perfect mini size to leave whole)
- 1/4 of a red onion, sliced
- 1 cup of feta cheese crumbles
- 6 tablespoons of olives (I used kalamata)
- 1/2 lemon
- 3 T olive oil
- 2 T red wine vinegar
- 1-2 T of water
- sprinkle of salt and fresh pepper
- fresh or dried oregano
- fresh or dried basil
- sprinkle of garlic powder
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- Mix ingredients for the dressing up to the day before and refrigerate. Be sure to taste and adjust seasonings as desired.
- Once the pasta is cooled toss with veggies and olives. Squeeze juice from 1/2 lemon over salad and mix. Refrigerate for at least 20 minutes.
- Stir in feta and dressing before serving.
- Enjoy! Makes great leftovers.
Makes 6 servings, 1 YELLOW, 1 GREEN, 1/2 BLUE, 1 ORANGE for each
- Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups