These Mediterranean Stuffed Spaghetti Squash Bowls incorporate so many veggies, diced chicken, and yummy homemade Tzatziki sauce- perfect for lunch or dinner! The perfect spaghetti squash recipe to make ahead for the week, or customize the veggies for a low carb dinner everyone will love! This post contains affiliate links for products I’m obsessed with.
This post was originally published in November 2016, but it’s getting a fresh glow up with new pics and helpful tips!
How freaking delicious does this stuffed spaghetti squash this look? I ate this for lunch a couple weeks ago and omg.
It was like some kind of alternate universe where I was out to lunch at a yummy cafe, instead of home in my messy kitchen.
Oh – and it’s SO. MUCH. FOOD. Especially if you eat the whole half of the squash, which naturally I did.
I got the idea for these Greek Spaghetti Squash Bowls from a dear friend, who messaged me to ask for a homemade Tzatziki Dressing. She has a restaurant near her down in Tampa that makes all different kinds of “bowls” like this one. Such an awesome idea, especially for meal prepping! The great thing about this recipe is it’s the perfect kind of assembly line cooking that I love for meal prep. Just prep a bunch of veggies, some protein, and even some potatoes, quinoa or rice. Then have fun making meals!
The possibilities. I could literally lose sleep over the possibilities.
How to Cook Spaghetti Squash
Even though Spaghetti Squash is thought of as a Winter Squash, I love that I can find it all year long at my grocery store. It’s such an easy way to get in your green containers for the FIX!
Not sure how to prep spaghetti squash? I have an entire blog post outlining How to Prep Spaghetti Squash using multiple methods! My favorite way to cook it is roasting because I love the caramelization it gets, but in the guide, I show you how to prep it in your:
Just pick your favorite method and prep your squash ahead of time!
How to Make Homemade Tzatziki Sauce
I am obsessed with this homemade tzatziki and I have used it as a dipping sauce for my Easy Falafel Bites [Air Fryer | Oven] and for my Chicken Quinoa Mediterranean Salad. It’s also really good when you need something to dip those veggies in!
And it’s the perfect topping for this Stuffed Spaghetti Squash!
All you need is:
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt – I use low fat or fat free; you can also sub coconut yogurt if you are dairy free
- 1/2 cucumber, seeded, finely grated and drained – you can do this in your blender or food processor easily
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced – for a short cut, add this to your cucumber
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest plus 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice – fresh lemon is just the best
- 1 tablespoons chopped fresh dill – you can also sub 1 tsp of dried instead
- Himalyan salt and freshly cracked black pepper – to taste
To keep the dressing thicker, I just mix it together in a bowl. You can use your food processor, but it will be thinner and I like it a bit thick for this like a true sauce.
Toppings for Mediterranean Spaghetti Squash Boats
This is the fun part! Just grab your warmed (or cool) Spaghetti Squash and start adding your toppings! I like to stuff mine with:
- chopped baby spinach – for some extra greens
- diced cherry tomatoes – you could also use fresh pico de gallo if you have it
- diced cucumber – you can use the other half of the cucumber from the dressing!
- diced red onions – you can leave these out if you are sensitive to onions, but I love the extra flavor they bring. Tip: soak your diced onions in water to get rid of some of the bite before adding
- black olives, chopped – I like kalamata
- diced grilled chicken – grilled, baked, or even chicken pulled from a Whole Chicken
- 2/3 cup of feta cheese – you can omit this for dairy free
And of course, top it off with some of the homemade tzatziki!Print
These Mediterranean Stuffed Spaghetti Squash Bowls incorporate so many veggies, diced chicken, and yummy homemade Tzatziki dressing- perfect for lunch or dinner! The perfect spaghetti squash recipe to make ahead for the week, or customize the veggies for a low carb dinner everyone will love!
- 1 medium spaghetti squash, cooked and sliced in half (I like it warm)
- 1 cup of chopped baby spinach
- 1/2 cup of diced cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup of diced cucumber
- 2 T of diced red onions
- 20 black olives, chopped
- 1 1/3 cups of diced grilled chicken
- 2/3 cup of feta cheese
For the tzatziki
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cucumber, seeded, finely grated and drained
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest plus 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- Himalyan salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- Cook spaghetti squash using your favorite method.
- While squash is cooking, make your dressing by whisking together all the ingredients. For a thinner dressing, blend ingredients together. I do prefer the dressing thicker for this recipe.
- Once squash has cooled enough to handle, remove the seeds from your squash and make “spaghetti” with your fork. Sprinkle both halves with salt and pepper.
- Stir spinach leaves into the spaghetti, then top each half with equal amounts of tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, olives, and grilled chicken. Top with feta and 2 T of the dressing on each side.
- Scoop a 1/4 of the squash into a bowl, or enjoy a full half! See container counts below for each option.
21 Day Fix: 1/4 of squash – 1 1/2 GREEN, 1/2 RED, 1/2 BLUE, 1/2 ORANGE
1/2 of squash – 3 GREEN, 1 RED, 1 BLUE, 1 ORANGE
WW: 1/4 of squash: Green – 5 points, Blue – 4 points, Purple – 4 points (per serving); 1/2 of squash: Green – 9 points, Blue – 7 points, Purple – 7 points (per serving) [Calculated using reduced fat feta and low fat Greek yogurt]
- Serving Size: 1/4 or 1/2 of squash
Keywords: dinner, greek, spaghetti squash, winter squash, fall, winter, gluten-free