This delicious Instant Pot Chicken and Broccoli is a healthier spin on the take-out favorite! It’s gluten-free, dairy-free, 21 Day Fix approved, and oh-so-easy to make in the Instant Pot! This post contains affiliate links to products I’m obsessed with.
Confession #137 – I am not sure that I could EVER put into words how cool it is to see what you guys are cooking from this blog.
And sometimes a recipe just takes off from the start…and there you are on social media, cooking up my latest blog post and it’s honestly beyond my wildest dreams.
Like the Instant Pot Beef and Broccoli I posted earlier this month. You guys wasted no time trying that one and I am so, so happy it seems like a major win. And for all of you who have wanted a chicken version, this is essentially the very same recipe using diced up chicken breast, so I hope it makes you just as happy as the beef one!
Because the boneless chicken tenderloins were cut into bite sized pieces before cooking, this only took 7 minutes on high pressure. You can totally sub chicken thighs if you want, but I was really pleased with how the breast cooked for this recipe. I did take them out when I was thickening the sauce so they wouldn’t get dry, as I have to admit I get a little worried when it comes to IP and overcooked chicken…but it delivered this time!
And just like the Beef version, the broccoli just steams itself in the hot pot after cook time. Pretty freaking awesome not to have to dirty another pot steaming it, isn’t it? And if you hate broccoli, you can totally make this with sugar snap peas, bell peppers, or whatever your heart desires. Do you, ok?
Oh – and for all of your guys following the 80 Day Obsession, you could easily cut the oil in half and add some sesame seeds! Then you have a perfect Green, Red, Orange meal here! This preps really well, too, so you can make a bunch for the week.
Another quick and easy Instant Pot Meal!
This delicious Instant Pot Chicken and Broccoli is a healthier spin on the take-out favorite! It’s gluten-free, dairy-free, 21 Day Fix approved, and oh-so-easy to make in the Instant Pot!
- 2 tsp coconut oil (can sub olive or sesame oil)
- 1 lb of boneless chicken tenderloins, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/2 cup diced shallots (about one whole shallot)
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 2/3 cup low sodium chicken stock (or sub water)
- 1/3 cup of coconut aminos (or sub low sodium soy sauce)
- 2 T plus 1 tsp honey
- 3 1/2 cups of broccoli florets
- 1/2 T arrowroot or your favorite thickener/flour (cornstarch also works well)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- crushed red pepper
- Whisk coconut aminos, chicken stock, honey and fresh ginger together. Set aside.
- Set Instant Pot to Saute. When it’s hot, add coconut oil and shallots and sauté until they begin to soften and become fragrant. Add in garlic and cook an additional minute.
- Pour stock mixture into the IP and add in diced chicken. Cover and lock your Instant Pot and set to manual/pressure cook for 7 minutes. When cook time is up, finish with a quick release.
- Carefully take off the lid and remove cooked chicken, set aside.
- Remove 1 cup of the cooking liquid and make a slurry by whisking in 1/2 T of arrowroot starch. Mix until well combined and then return to pot. Set IP to sauté and stir until the sauce begins to thicken. Repeat slurry process if necessary (it wasn’t for me) . Stir in salt. Turn pot to keep warm.
- Add in chicken and chopped broccoli florets and stir everything together. Place lid on IP and give the broccoli 5-10 minutes to steam from the heat of the pot.
- When broccoli is to desired tenderness, garnish with some scallions, crushed red pepper, and additional grated ginger if desired (I did all three). This would also be delish with sesame seeds – just be sure to count your orange container!
- Serve over rice, quinoa, or cauliflower rice.
4 servings ~ 3/4 cup each 1 RED, 1 GREEN, 1/2 tsp
Weight Watchers Freestyle Points – 5 per serving
Keywords: asian, instant pot, chicken, broccoli, dinner, lunch, gluten-free