Healthy Baked apples are a healthy breakfast, snack, or after dinner treat. Filled with gluten free rolled oats, then lightly sweetened with cinnamon and honey. This is a 21 Day Fix approved recipe to love!
Confession #58 – I am indecisive to a fault.
When faced with a difficult decision, I do everything possible to make a smart, informed, educated choice. I weigh options, make lists, go over pros and cons, and talk to anyone who will listen to me and my dilemma.
And then I sit down for the millionth time to finally decide.
Except I pause again.
I second guess one thing and the whole thing falls apart.
Does this happen to you? Actually, does this NOT happen to you? Can you help a sista out?
This has been my life lately. I have a huge decision to make.
And so today, I did what any indecisive person should do.
I made baked apples with a delicious crumb topping.
Cooking has always been therapeutic for me. But more so now, this blog is my outlet. I haven’t been posting here as much as I’d like and I miss it.
So here you are – a delicious 21 Day Fix approved treat – the fruits of my labor, so to speak. A perfect Fall dessert that your kids (and your picky husband) will love.
Healthy baked apples. You can eat them as is, or top them with some Greek yogurt… for breakfast.
Dessert for breakfast? Now that decision is a no brainer. 🙂
Here is the baked apples recipe. Enjoy!
Healthy Baked Apples
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- With a melon baller, scoop out the core of the apple and make a small hole for the oats
- Mix dry ingredients with honey and coconut oil
- Spray apples with coconut oil spray
- Top each of the apples with the oat mixture
- Spray a little more coconut oil spray on top
- Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes
- Remove foil and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes, depending on the size of your apples. Enjoy!
Need help meal planning for the 21 Day Fix? Check out my Etsy Shop for 21 Day Fix eBooks with full grocery lists, prep tips, and easy to follow recipes! I also do custom meal planning on request! Contact me at trueconfessionsofafitfoodie AT gmail DOT com – I’d love to help!