This 21 Day Fix Chicken Satay with Creamy Peanut Sauce is a healthy and delicious spin on one of my favorite appetizers! I love making this for a party, or a light dinner or lunch paired with my Ramen Noodle Salad.
For the Chicken
- 1 lb of chicken tenderloins, pounded to uniform thickness
- 1/4 cup of coconut aminos (or sub low sodium soy sauce)
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 T of honey
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 T of fresh ginger, minced
- 2 tsp of curry powder
- 1/2 tsp chili paste or sriracha (or more if you like spice, less if you don’t)
- 2 T of fresh cilantro
- 1/8 tsp salt
For the Peanut Sauce
- 2/3 cup of low sodium chicken broth
- 4 T of creamy peanut butter
- 2 T of honey
- 2 T of coconut aminos (or sub low sodium soy sauce)
- 1 T minced ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 tsp curry powder (or more to taste)
- 1/4 tsp chili paste or sriracha (or more to taste)
- 1 T lime juice
- 1–2 tablespoons of water (if necessary)
- sprinkle of salt
- In a large mixing bowl or ziplock bag, make the satay marinade by mixing everything under the chicken ingredients except for the chicken. Add the chicken and toss to coat evenly. Cover and place in the refrigerator for two hours or overnight (my fav!). If you plan to grill with wooden skewers, be sure to soak them in water for at least 30 minutes prior to grilling.
- While the chicken is marinating, combine the chicken broth, peanut butter, honey, coconut aminos, ginger and garlic in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat, then reduce to low, stirring frequently. Cook for several minutes or until the sauce is smooth and has thickened. Remove from heat and whisk in curry powder, chili paste, and lime juice. Sprinkle with salt and just seasonings to taste. If you want a thinner sauce, just add a little water. Set sauce aside or store in the refrigerator until the chicken is ready.
- After the chicken is fully marinated, preheat grill and thread chicken onto skewers. Grill the chicken until cooked through, about 3-4 minutes per side. Sprinkle with crushed peanuts and fresh cilantro and serve with lime wedges and the peanut sauce.
21 Day Fix: 1 RED, 1 1/4 TSP per serving
WW Freestyle: 6 points per serving (with sauce)
- Serving Size: 4 oz of chicken plus 1 T of sauce
Keywords: appetizer, chicken, gluten-free, grilled chicken, 21 Day Fix, 2B Mindset