21 Day Fix Chicken Zoodle Soup is just what the doctor ordered when you aren’t feeling well, need some comfort food, and want to stay on plan, too!
Confession #65 – Someone has been sniffling in my house for the past month. The someone has changed a number of times, and right now, that someone is me.
Anyone else fighting off a cold?
This time of year, one of my weekly go-to meal is homemade chicken soup. My grandmother and mother always made homemade soup, and it really couldn’t be easier or cheaper to do.
And there is nothing more wonderful than a hot bowl of soup when you are cold and your nose won’t stop running.
I have made a few changes to my family’s recipe to make it more fix friendly, and, most recently, I decided to add zoodles to my bowl.
It was delicious – almost ramen-esque, without the crazy MSG and sodium.
If you need a good chicken soup recipe, use this one! And, if you are feeling adventurous, try adding the zoodles. Let me know what you think ;).
21 Day Fix Chicken Soup with Zoodles
- Olive oil spray I used my EVO
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 1/2 -2 cups chopped carrots
- 1-2 lbs boneless or bone-in chicken breasts skin removed
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup canned tomato sauce mainly for color
- Zucchini cut into zoodles if desired
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Saute onion and veggies together for a few minutes until they begin to get tender.
- Add chicken and cover completely with water and/or broth. Add in tomato sauce for color.
- Bring soup to a boil, then reduce to a simmer until chicken is cooked through and veggies are tender.
- Remove chicken and carefully de-bone (if necessary) and shred.
- Measure chicken using your RED container and then top with broth.
- If you want zoodles in your soup, add them directly into your bowl and let them steam in the broth for a few minutes before eating.