This delicious 21 Day Fix Freezable Cheese Sauce is the perfect thing to keep in your freezer for when the craving for cheese strikes! And using the silicone baby food mold, it’s perfectly portioned for you already!
- 2.5 T of rice flour (or gluten free flour blend)
- 2.5 T vegan butter, butter, or ghee
- 1.5–2 cups of unsweetened original almond milk
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- In your skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Sprinkle in the flour and whisk together.
- Slowly whisk in 1.5 cups of almond milk, and continue to whisk until the mixture comes to a boil and begins to thicken. Once thickened, remove sauce from heat and stir in cheddar cheese until fully melted, adding salt to taste. If you need to thin it out, add in some additional milk in 1/4 cup increments.
- Add 1/3 cup of cheese sauce to each mold, or measure 2.5 tablespoons if you want to freeze half servings. It’s best to do this when hot!!
- Let cool, cover and then freeze for several hours or overnight. Remove from silicone mold and store in ziplock containers for up to 3 months.
- To thaw, place in refrigerator, or microwave in a microwave safe bowl for ten seconds, stir, and then heat for another ten seconds or until cheese is melted and smooth!
Makes 6 servings, 1/3 cup each
21 Day Fix: 1 BLUE, 1 TSP (per 1/3 cup serving); 1/2 BLUE, 1/2 TSP (per 2 1/2 Tbsp serving)
WW: Green, Blue, Purple – 7 points (per 1/3 cup serving) [Calculated using GF flour, butter, and reduced fat cheese]
- Serving Size: 1/3 cup