These 21 Day Fix Harvest Salad Bites with Honey Goat Cheese are the perfect low carb appetizer for your Holiday party!
Confession #131 – I have a problem controlling myself around appetizers…especially when they involve a piece of bread or a chip.
Oh. And cheese.
This is why I love a good cocktail party. No worries about spoiling your dinner and I always seem to have enough room for the cute bite sized desserts!
I kinda think I’m not alone here, right?
Anyway, with Thanksgiving next week, I wanted to share this adorable remake of my Holiday Bruschetta that uses Belgium Endive instead of crackers, bread or toast. Because nobody wants to be too full for dinner on Thanksgiving…not even me.
Have you ever purchased Belgian Endive? It’s like a little head of lettuce, but the leaves are more firm, making it a great finger food type appetizer. You just cut the end part off, wash the leaves, and you are ready to go!
I mean, why did it take me so long to think of this? It’s freaking genius. Endive is the perfect vessel for all things delicious, especially Honey Goat cheese and all my favorite fall toppings.
I’m obsessed with the Honey Goat Cheese from Aldi, but you can easily make your own by swirling a tsp of honey into your Blue container of regular goat cheese. Just take a little and spread it onto the lovely little leaves.
And then top with whatever you want. For these, I was thinking about a Fall Harvest salad, so I topped them with diced granny smith apples, pomegranate seeds, pecans and some dried cranberries. It would also be yummy with pears, or oranges and cranberries…or even my Cranberry Holiday Salsa. Seriously, now I want to fill Endive with #allthefoods.
Right before serving, just drizzle these little lovers with some honey and you are good to go! Simple and easy to put together, but they look fancy and elegant. And if you are making them for Thanksgiving, you could even plate these up as a first course in place of a salad and they will make your table look so pretty!
Or just put them out as an appetizer for hungry guests like me! Just be ready, because they will be gone fast!
Harvest Salad Bites with Honey Goat Cheese
- 1 head Belgian endive
- 1/3 cup honey goat cheese
- 1 cup mixed fruit toppings diced apples, pomegranate seeds, dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon chopped pecans
- Cut the end of your endive and wash the leaves. Let dry on paper towels completely.
- Top the leaves with goat cheese, about a teaspoon or two for each leaf.
- Add your salad toppings - I did the fruit I listed above and chopped pecans.
- Refrigerate until you are ready to serve.
- Right before serving, drizzle the leaves with honey.
- This recipe is super easy to double or triple, and if you have a crowd, you might want to do just that!