This 21 Day Fix Instant Pot Meatloaf and Mashed Potatoes dinner is truly a one pot miracle thanks to the Instant Pot! Cook your meat, veggies, and mashed potatoes all together in the same pot in under a half-hour of cook time!
- 1 1/2lbs of lean, grass fed ground beef
- 1/4 cup seasoned breadcrumbs (we use gluten free)
- 1/4 onion, diced
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 cloves of garlic, whole
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup of shredded pecorino romano, plus more for topping (Locatelli brand is the best)
- 1 tsp of dry parsley or 1 T freshly chopped parsley
- 1 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 3 cups of quartered and peeled golden potatoes
- 3 cups of baby carrots
- 3 T vegan butter or ghee
- 1 cup of chicken broth or stock
- salt, pepper
- Place quartered potatoes, 3 cloves of garlic, and 1 tsp salt on the bottom of the Instant Pot. Pour in 1 cup of broth and then place trivet on top of potatoes.
- Lay a piece of foil down on trivet and place carrots in one flat layer on top of foil. Add 1 T of butter and cover with another piece of foil.
- Mix meat with breadcrumbs, onion, minced garlic, 2 T sauce, 1 egg, cheese and parsley. Shape into a circular loaf. Place loaf on top of carrot layer. Pour remaining sauce on top of meatloaf and place lid on IP. Lock and turn to manual, high pressure for 25 minutes.
- After cook time is through, quick release and open the pot once the IP releases all steam and unlocks. Carefully remove meatloaf from the top layer of foil and broil for 3-5 minutes, if desired.
- Remove carrots from pot. Then carefully drain potatoes, reserving broth.
- Using potato masher, mash potatoes, adding in broth and remaining 2 T butter in slowly. For extra creaminess, add in a splash of milk or Greek yogurt. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
1 Red, 1 Yellow, 1 Green, 1/4 Blue, 2 tsp
Weight Watcher Freestyle Points – 11 per serving for the entire meal
- Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe
Keywords: meatloaf, instant pot, beef, gluten-free, dinner