This 21 Day Fix Pumpkin Pasta with Spicy Sausage is the perfect Fall family dinner!
- 2 tsp vegan or clarified butter
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 lb spicy Italian turkey or chicken sausage or use this recipe to make your own
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 cups of chicken broth
- 1/3 cup of full fat coconut milk (I love So Delicious Culinary Coconut Milk)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 cups of chopped baby spinach
- 1/3 cup of a good quality parmesan or pecorino romano
- 3 cups of cooked gluten free or whole grain pasta (2 cups raw for IP)
- Stove top: Remove turkey sausage from casing and brown in a large skillet over medium heat until cooked through. Remove from heat and set aside. Melt butter with oil over medium-low heat, then add onions. Cook until onions are translucent and soft. Add in garlic and cook for an additional minute. Add pumpkin, chicken broth and salt to the onion mixture and stir until well combined. Add in coconut milk and reduce heat to low. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed. Stir in the spinach and sausage and cook over low heat until spinach wilts. Finally, add in pasta and top with cheese. Enjoy!
- Instant Pot: Set IP to saute and when it turns to hot, melt butter with oil then add onions, cooking until onions are translucent and soft. Add in garlic and cook for an additional minute. Remove sausage from casing and add to the IP, browning until cooked through. Add pumpkin, chicken broth and salt to the meat and veggie mixture and stir until well combined. Add 2 cups of uncooked pasta. Lock lid and set to manual and cook for 2 minutes. Quick release when finished. After the steam releases and it’s safe to open the lid, stir in coconut milk and spinach, stirring until spinach wilts. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed. Top with cheese and enjoy!
21 Day Fix: 1.5 YELLOWS, 1 RED, 1 GREEN, 1/2 BLUE, 1 tsp per serving
WW Freestyle: 11 points per serving (calculated using reduced fat Parmesan, light coconut milk, and whole wheat pasta)
- Serving Size: 1 3/4 cups
Keywords: pasta, sausage, instant pot, pumpkin, fall, winter, gluten-free