This 21 Day Fix Sausage and Pepper Soup is quick, easy, low carb and so darn delicious! Using spicy Italian turkey sausage, yummy veggies, and chicken stock, this cooks up in no time!
- olive oil cooking spray
- 1 lb of spicy Italian turkey sausage (or sub sweet)
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 bell peppers, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 (14oz) can of petite diced tomatoes
- 4 cups of low sodium organic chicken broth or stock
- fresh basil (you can sub dried)
- Parmesan cheese for topping, if desired
- Spray a large pot with olive oil spray and sautee onions and peppers over medium-low heat until tender – about ten minutes
- Add garlic and sautee for another minute or two
- Add turkey sausage without the casing to the pan and cook through
- Once turkey is cooked, add in tomatoes and chicken broth. Bring to a boil over high heat, then lower to a simmer.
- Add fresh basil just before serving and top with Parmesan cheese, if desired!
1 RED 1 GREEN (measure blue if adding Parmesean)
- Serving Size: approx 1 1/2 cups
Keywords: soup, sausage, dinner, lunch, peppers, low-carb, gluten-free, high protein