So creamy and delicious, you would never guess that this Sausage and Zucchini Quiche is dairy free and gluten free- packed with veggies though! Adapted from: http://blog.paleohacks.com/sausage-quiche/
- cooking spray
- 8 large eggs
- 1 lb all natural poultry breakfast sausage
- 4 cups of zucchini, sliced in thin half moons
- 1/4 of a red onion, diced
- 2/3 cup of full fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup of grape tomatoes, halved or quartered
- 1–2 T fresh basil, chopped
- 4 tsp vegan butter, melted (or sub a good olive oil or ghee)
- sprinkle of salt and pepper
- Brown sausage (dice or take out of casing) until cooked through, then add onions and zucchini and cook just until they begin to soften. Remove from heat.
- Preheat oven to 350 and whisk eggs with the coconut milk.
- Spray two pie plates, a 9×13 pan, or muffin tin with cooking oil and fill with meat/veggie mixture.
- Fill evenly with eggs and coconut milk. Top with tomatoes, basil, and a sprinkle of salt/pepper. Drizzle with melted butter.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until eggs are set. Let cool about 15 minutes before removing from pan.
- Enjoy! This would also freeze well!
makes 8 servings – each one is 1 RED, 1/2 GREEN, 1/4 BLUE, and 1/2 tsp
- Serving Size: 1/8 of recipe
Keywords: breakfast, frittata, oven, eggs, sausage, gluten-free, grain-free, low-carb