So incredibly simple, you can have dinner on the table in WAY less than 30 minutes- and with only one pan to wash! If kale isn’t your thing, this can easily be made with spinach.
- olive oil cooking spray
- 1 package Italian chicken sausage (or make your own)
- 3 cups of kale
- 1 cup of chickpeas
- 1 1/2 cups of crushed tomatoes
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2/3 shredded mozzarella
- Remove the sausage from the casings into a large skillet coated with cooking spray. Cook the sausage over medium heat until fully brown.
- While the sausage is cooking, remove the stems from the kale, chop it into strips, and add it to the skillet. Stir it into the sausage and continue to cook until it is fully wilted (this happens within a few minutes).
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas. Add the chickpeas to the skillet and stir to combine. Pour the crushed tomatoes over the skillet, along with the spices and cook for 2-3 minutes before topping with cheese.
- Lower the heat to simmer and place a lid on the skillet until the cheese is melted (about 5-10 minutes).
1 GREEN, 1 RED, 1/2 YELLOW, 1/2 BLUE
4 Weight Watchers Freestyle Points per serving
- Serving Size: 1/4 of skillet
Keywords: dinner, sausage, low-carb, gluten-free, grain-free, skillet meal, one skillet