Spicy sausage and veggies is a quick and easy, healthy, 21 Day Fix dinner. Turkey or chicken sausage is sauteed with fresh mushrooms, tomatoes, and zucchini, then topped with Parmesan cheese. SO delicious!
- 1 lb lean spicy turkey or chicken sausage
- 1/2 chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups chopped zucchini
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 1 cup tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon of Italian seasoning
- fresh basil
- cooking spray
- Parmesan cheese
- Remove sausage casing and sautee- or slice and cook if you prefer. Cook thoroughly and remove from pan.
- Spray pan with cooking spray. Sautee onions and garlic for a few minutes and then add the rest of the veggies. Cook for several minutes over low-medium heat until veggies are soft and to your liking (we like ours to retain some crunch).
- Add cooked sausage, oregano, and fresh basil, mix well. Then add juice of half a lemon.
- Portion out into four bowls and top with fresh parm! Yum!!
21 Day Fix: 1 GREEN, 1 RED, 1/4 BLUE per serving
WW Freestyle: 5 points per serving
Keywords: soup, sausage, spicy, lunch, dinner, vegetables, gluten-free, grain-free, low-carb, high protein, chicken, turkey, poultry