Garden vegetable goodness is what you’ll find in this 21 Day Fix frittata. Farm fresh eggs and healthy veggies are packed in this delicious baked egg dish.
Confession #48 – My summer vegetable garden is almost a total failure this year.
I’m so bummed.
Since we moved here a few years ago, our gardens have been bountiful and beautiful. The sweet lady who lived here before us planted my first garden for me (amazing, right?) and I’ve basically followed her lead and had great luck.
Until this year.
Sigh. I miss going out with my daughter to pick veggies before dinner. We get a few things here and there, but it’s not the same.
Lucky for us, we have amazing neighborhood garden vegetable stands. And that has become our new tradition – hitting up the local stands and markets.
And this combo of tomatoes, zucchini and basil, well…I just can’t get enough! I eat some version of the three most nights for dinner, but this frittata makes for a delicious breakfast or lunch (or dinner!!)
My Aunt Patti taught me how to make frittatas a few years ago when she visited for Thanksgiving weekend. Aren’t the best memories made in the kitchen?
This garden vegetable frittata has been been my favorite way to serve eggs ever since she taught me.
Looking for other egg recipes? Check these out-
Enjoy this Garden Vegetable Frittata recipe!
21 Day Fix Summer Frittata
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 onion diced
- 1 cup diced zucchini
- 1 cup sliced cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped basil
- 4 large eggs
- 4 large egg whites
- 2/3 cup Parmesan cheese blend shaved or shredded
- Sprinkle salt and fresh pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Heat oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium-low heat. Stir in onion and cook until slightly golden, about 8 to 10 minutes. Add zucchini, increase heat to medium-high. Season with salt and pepper and cook 2 to 3 minutes.
- In a medium bowl whisk eggs, egg whites, and 1/2 of cheese.
- Pour the eggs into the skillet, making sure they cover all the vegetables. Add tomatoes and basil.
- When the edges begin to set (about 2-3 minutes in), top with the rest of the cheese. Move skillet to oven. Cook about 16 to 18 minutes, or until frittata is completely cooked.
- Cut into 4 pieces and serve warm.
Are you doing a round of the 21 Day Fix? Don’t do it alone – let me coach you! Contact me at trueconfessionsofafitfoodie AT gmail DOT com to join my current challenge group. The group offers daily motivation, recipe ideas, and the support of over 200 women. Check out my Etsy Shop for 21 Day Fix eBooks with full grocery lists, prep tips, and easy to follow recipes!