Zucchini crab soup is so delicious, I can’t even say the name without craving it. It’s delicious hot or chilled, and it is a great way to use up the bounty of zucchini in your garden.
Recipe adapted from Skinnytaste
- 1/2 small onion, quartered
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 3 medium zucchini, skin on and cut in large chunks
- 32 oz reduced sodium organic chicken broth (veggie is great, too!)
- 2 tbsp plain Greek yogurt (or sub full fat coconut milk for dairy-free)
- Himalayan salt and black pepper to taste
- fresh grated Parmesan cheese (measure in a blue container)
- fresh herbs
- jumbo lump crab (a good quality is KEY!)
- turkey bacon
- olive oil (I used Tuscan oil from The Bodacious Olive )
- Combine chicken broth, onion, garlic, and zucchini in a large pot over medium heat and bring to a boil. Lower heat, cover, and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes.**For Instant Pot, combine all the ingredients and set to 5 minutes, manual high pressure. After cook time, switch to quick release and follow the rest of the instructions!
- Remove from heat and purée with an immersion blender, or in batches in a regular blender. Add the yogurt, and herbs (if using) and purée again until smooth.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and adjust to taste.
- Eat it plain, or squeeze in some lemon and add crab, Parmesan cheese, and drizzle with a delicious olive oil.
21 Day Fix: My bowl was 2 GREENS (soup) 1/2 RED (jumbo lump crab) 1/2 tsp (olive oil) 1/3 BLUE (Parmesan cheese) herbs and lemon (FREE)
WW Freestyle: soup is ZERO points- don’t forget to calculate if you use “add ins”
Keywords: soup, seafood, crab, low-carb, low-cal, gluten-free, grain-free, lunch, dinner, zucchini