This Hidden Cauliflower Taco Meat is a deliciously sneaky way to get your veggies in! Perfect for FIXers, too! This post contains affiliate links for products I am obsessed with.
Confession #146: I have picky kids…like really picky…and lately it’s been really hard making them happy at dinnertime.
And my son, who, although he is on the spectrum, he is usually WAY less picky than my daughter, has now decided to refuse most veggies.
Please don’t kid yourselves, dear reader, and think for a second that it’s any easier at dinnertime here than it is at your house. In fact, lately, it might be harder!
Anyway, we are working on it and lucky for me, I don’t give up easy. And this recipe is one of my biggest wins to date!
We make tacos a lot, as I explained recently in my Freezer Prep Taco Meat because it’s one meal that makes everyone happy. But since starting the 2B Mindset, I have been looking for ways to get extra veggies in with my dinner. And I had an idea to hide some cauliflower rice into our taco meat.
And I got really brave. I cooked a pound of ground meat and added THREE cups of cauliflower rice.
I used my usual 21 Day Fix Salt Free Taco Seasoning and added 1 cup of low sodium tomato sauce and 1/2 tsp of salt.
I seriously thought nobody was going to eat this…I expected to hear what’s wrong with the meat, mom?
Nope. I heard nothing. Nada.
And when I whispered to my husband, can you taste the cauliflower?, he looked at me with total confusion.
So for all my FIXERS, each one of the four servings in this recipe, you get one FULL green along with your red before any toppings. And if you are doing the 2B Mindset, make a delicious Taco Salad using my Copy Cat Chipotle Pico de Gallo and and even my Guacamole because, accessories are life!
This is also easy to make in the Instant Pot if you have one! I’ll include the directions below!
And check out this quick video to see how easy this recipe really is!
Hidden Cauliflower Taco Meat
- 1 lb ground meat of your choice we using love lean ground beef
- 3 cups cauliflower rice can be frozen
- 1 cup low sodium tomato sauce
- 1-2 tablespoons salt free taco seasoning
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1-2 tablespoons water if needed
- Your favorite taco toppings
- Brown meat until just about cooked through, then add in cauliflower rice. Saute for a few minutes until cauliflower is tender. Stir in tomato sauce and taco seasonings and simmer for 5 minutes, adding in water if mixture is too thick. Serve with your favorite Taco Toppings or on a Taco Salad!
- Brown meat until almost cooked through, then stir in cauliflower rice, sauce, and taco seasonings. Add 1/4 cup of water and lock lid, setting for 1 minute manual pressure. After cook time, quick release. If taco meat needs thickening, then cook on sauté for a few minutes until the water evaporates. Serve with your favorite Taco Toppings or on a Taco Salad!