This post contains affiliate links for products I am obsessed with. Thank you for your support!
My favorite Christmas present came shortly after black Friday.
My new Instant Pot.
I totally bought it for myself, too, because it looks way too much like another Slow Cooker and I knew my husband wouldn’t get it, as I have three Slow Cookers currently.
I even tried to talk myself out of it. I really did. But, in the end, I am SO thankful for Amazon Prime’s Click to Buy because I am truly in love with this pot.
And, if you follow me on Facebook, you will see that I bravely went LIVE with my first attempt at cooking with the IP.
Here was my “after” video!
Although I am slightly mortified by these videos (can someone come do my hair and makeup next time?), and I was actually sick with bronchitis and a sinus infection, I am happy I filmed them because I think there is a lot of fear surrounding pressure cookers, but I really found this one to be so easy to use! And my chicken was done in less than ten minutes, plus the time it tool to come to pressure.
Not too shabby.
My favorite feature of the Instant Pot is the Saute function because you truly don’t need to use your stove top at all. Nothing bums me out more than a Crock Pot recipe that calls for 30 minutes of stove top cooking first. I mean, what’s the point?
And so for this Instant Pot Balsamic Chicken I was able to saute these pretty red onions before dumping the rest of the ingredients in. This also serves to heat the pot a bit, which lessens the amount of time it takes to come to pressure. Which for this took about 15 minutes.
I should also note that this bad boy makes yogurt and can also double as a slow cooker, although I haven’t tried either yet.
I realize it doesn’t look like much, but WOW. The flavor of this dinner was incredible…and it retained more of the sauce than when I cook it all day in the crock. This was a HUGE hit with my husband, too.
I don’t even cook my zoodles – I let them steam in the warm sauce and voila! But you can also saute them first if you want to!
I am going to try to post a few more Instant Pot recipes this month, so keep checking back!
Who else got one from Santa?Print
- 1–2lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 28oz can of diced or crushed tomatoes (I love it with either!)
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp each of basil, oregano, and garlic powder
- zoodles (optional)
- Set Instant Pot to Saute and Saute your onions until they become soft and translucent.
- Add in chicken and remaining ingredients, except zoodles.
- Set to high pressure for 10 minutes. It took about 15 minutes for my pot to come to pressure.
- After cook time is up, use the quick release function on your pot.
- Shred chicken and serve with sauce and zoodles or pasta!
- *I don’t even cook the zoodles – I allow it to steam in the sauce!
21 Day Fix: 1 RED, 1/2 GREEN for chicken – plus more GREEN if you use zoodles
WW Freestyle: 2 points per serving with or without zoodles
- Serving Size: 2/3 cup of chicken and 1/2 cup of sauce
Keywords: chicken, dinner, instant pot, balsamic, dairy-free, gluten-free