This Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup is quick, healthy, and delicious! Perfect for the 21 Day FIXer, or anyone looking to eat clean!
- 1 1/4 lb raw boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 3–4 Breasts)
- 10 oz. diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 14.5 oz. diced tomatoes (no salt added)
- 1 cup frozen corn thawed
- 1 cup black beans (no salt added), drained & rinsed
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups of organic, low sodium chicken broth or stock
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. Himalayan salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 4 organic corn tortillas
- olive oil cooking spray
- Himalayan salt
- Optional toppings – avocado, cheese, lime, Greek yogurt, cilantro
- Toss all the ingredients for the soup into your Instant Pot and give it a stir.
- Turn onto to manual setting for 15 minutes. It will take about 10-15 minutes to come to pressure. When the timer is up, carefully switch to quick release (I put a kitchen towel over the top to be safe). Once the the steam stops, carefully open the lid and shred the chicken with two forks.
- To make homemade tortilla strips:
- Preheat your oven to 350 and cut the corn tortillas into strips. Spray with olive oil spray and sprinkle with Himalayan salt. Bake for about 10-15 minutes.
- Enjoy with toppings!
6 servings – 1/2 RED 1/2 GREEN 1/2 YELLOW each. Don’t forget to count the toppings!
Weight Watchers Freestyle Points per serving – 1 (this includes the tortilla topping, but not other toppings)
- Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups
Keywords: mexican, instant pot, chicken, soup, chicken, dinner, lunch, gluten-free, dairy-free