Once you make Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs, you will be obsessed with how easily they peel! Using the 5-5-5 method, Instant Pot Boiled eggs couldn’t be easier! Great for a quick grab and go breakfast or high protein snack that you can make as part of your quick weekly meal prep.
If you follow my meal plans, you know I love using Hard Boiled Eggs as a protein snack or breakfast because they are just so easy and so versatile! One of my favorite ways to make them is in my Instant Pot because not only is it fast, the eggs cook perfectly and peel like a dream!
I love to sprinkle these Instant Pot eggs with Everything Bagel Seasoning and eat with my avocado toast! They are amazing for meal prep or as the base for Instant Pot Deviled Eggs with Bacon, Cheddar, and Chives or a healthy egg salad.
How to make Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs using the 5-5-5 Method
- Cook your eggs for 5 minutes on the manual/pressure cook setting (be sure it’s set to high pressure). If your Instant Pot has an egg setting, you can use that! Some of the newer models have this setting and I’ve heard it works awesome.
2. After cook time, you want to do a 5 minute Natural Pressure Release, which means you do nothing after cook time ends for 5 minutes and let the pressure begin to release on it’s own. I usually set a timer because these people I live with will interrupt me a million times before that 5 minutes is over and I will forget.
3. After the 5 minutes, release the pressure the rest of the way. Then you give your eggs a nice little ice bath for 5 minutes.
This will result in the easiest to peel, most beautifully cooked hard boiled eggs ever! Look at them!
How many eggs can I cook at one time in my instant pot?
I have done up to two dozen eggs at one time in my 6 Quart Instant Pot, but I have seen people pack in even more. Just note, the more eggs you use, the longer it will take for your pressure cooker to come to pressure. You also might have some eggs crack in the pot, but they will still be fine to eat! Also, if I am making more than a dozen, I add an extra half cup of water.
How long will hard boiled eggs stay fresh?
These instant pot hard boiled eggs will stay fresh in an airtight container for up to five days. You can peel them ahead of storing, or leave them in their shells until you’re ready to eat them, however I prefer to peel them all at once for less mess later!
Looking for more Instant Pot meal prep ideas? Check these out-
Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs
- 1- 24 eggs
- 1 cup water do 1 1/2 cups of water for over 1 dz eggs
- Ice water in large bowl deep enough to cover eggs completely
- Add water into your Instant Pot and place eggs on top of your trivet or steamer basket. If you don't have either one, you can place your eggs right in the water. Lock lid.
- Set your Instant Pot for 5 minutes on Manual | Pressure Cook (be sure it's also set to high pressure). When cook time is over, do a 5 minute Natural Release.
- After the 5 minute Natural Release, release the rest of the pressure. When it's safe to open your Instant Pot, remove your eggs using tongs or a slotted spoon and place them in a 5 minute Ice Bath.
- After 5 minutes, take them out of the ice bath and into the container you will store them in the fridge. They will be so easy to peel when you are ready to use them!