French toast is a favorite breakfast treat for many people, but it’s not very healthy… until now! These mini French toast casserole cups are Fix approved!
Confession #22 – By 10am today, I had no more “yellows” left.
I hate that.
But it was all for a good reason. I wanted this recipe to be PERFECT before I posted it.
This French toast recipe has been on my mind all week, ever since one of my fellow coaches requested a “fixed” up casserole that she could enjoy, along with her guests, on Easter. Egg casseroles are pretty easy for fixers, but I kept thinking how great a 21DF French Toast Casserole would be.
And I was soooo right.
This dish cleans up the traditional French Toast casserole by using Ezekiel bread, which adds protein and whole grains, and also happens to be the perfect texture for French toast!
I also skipped the brown sugar topping and used liquid stevia, fresh fruit, pure maple syrup and cinnamon to give it natural sweetness.
And the best part?
Each portion is only 1/2 YELLOW.
Oh – and you can put it together the night before and bake it right before your guests arrive.
It just keeps getting better, right?
Enjoy these French toast casserole cups!
- 6 eggs
- 6 pieces of Ezekial bread, cubed
- 1 cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 10 drops of liquid stevia
- pure maple syrup
- fresh fruit - anything goes, but strawberries were my choice
- optional - sliced almonds
- Cooking spray or coconut oil
- Preheat your oven to 350, or skip this step if you are assembling this the night before.
- Beat eggs and add almond milk, vanilla, cinnamon and stevia. Mix well.
- Spray a cupcake tin well with cooking spray, or grease with coconut oil.
- Evenly distribute cubes of bread into tins, then add in your fruit between layers of bread.
- Pour egg mixture evenly into each of the "muffins" making sure all of the bread gets covered. Squish it around if necessary (don't you love my fancy cooking terms?).
- Before baking, I added a small amount of sliced almonds (crushed up) to the top of the mini FTs, as well as some more cinnamon. Then I drizzled the pure maple syrup evenly over each one. You could also add a small pat of coconut oil.
- This would be fine sitting overnight in the fridge. Go to bed!
- Cook muffins on 350 for 25-30 mins and enjoy warm! You could add a small amount of syrup if you want, but these are yummy alone, as well!
21 Day Fix Container Count:
1 muffin is only 1/2 YELLOW, 1/4 RED, 1/4 PURPLE.
1 muffin is only 1/2 YELLOW, 1/4 RED, 1/4 PURPLE. So have two. Or four.
It’s a holiday, right?
Need help meal planning for the 21 Day Fix? Check out my Etsy Shop for 21 Day Fix eBooks with full grocery lists, prep tips, and easy to follow recipes! I also do custom meal planning on request! Contact me at trueconfessionsofafitfoodie AT gmail DOT com – I’d love to help!