Confession #83 – Even though this salad is insanely delicious, it’s the dressing that I dream about.
I could eat it all day. By itself. With a spoon, maybe…or I might just drink it right from the blender.
I’m not above that at all. And I’m okay admitting it.
What’s even better? It’s basically just plain Greek yogurt cucumber, fresh dill and lemon, so there are far worse things I could be drinking. Am I right?
I wasn’t sure how the flavors of the dressing would be with the salad, which is essentially a take on tabouli, but they go together perfectly and I was instantly transported to my favorite Mediterranean restaurant from our old neighborhood in Philly.
This salad is reason #953 to prep grilled chicken and quinoa for use throughout the week. By doing so, you can get dinner on the table in minutes without turning on your stove, oven, or grill. Just some chopping and blending and you are good to go.
For all of you who would rather assemble your meals instead of cook them, this one is for you!
Serving Size: 1/4 of salad
- 1 cup of quinoa, cooked
- 2 cups of spinach
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup of diced cucumber
- 1 lb diced grilled chicken (I seasoned mine with dried dill, lemon, salt and pepper)
- 2/3 cup feta cheese
- diced kalamata olives (10 per serving)
- chopped fresh mint
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cucumber, seeded, finely grated and drained
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest plus 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- Himalyan salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- Toss together ingredients for salad and divide among 4 plates.
- In food processor or blender, pulse ingredients for the salad dressing. You could also mix by hand for a thicker consistency.
- Top salad with dressing and enjoy!
21 Day Fix Container Count:
1 RED, 1 GREEN, 1/2 BLUE, 1/2 YELLOW, 1 ORANGE