Chocolate pumpkin cups are a clean, delicious treat. Inspired by the Shakeology Peanut Butter cups, these treats blend together my two favorite fall flavors – pumpkin and chocolate!
My early Fall challenge group is over, so it’s time for a CLEAN treat to celebrate!
Well, to be truthful, chocolate is my favorite flavor any time of year, and the pumpkin filling in this dessert is to die for. I will be using this as a base for a pumpkin pie dessert recipe.
Yup. So stick with me!
I used Shakeology for this, but you can definitely sub dark chocolate chips melted with coconut oil if you aren’t a Shakeo drinker or if you just want to save every last oz of it for your daily shake. I get it.
With so much candy around this time of year, make a bunch of these and store them in the freezer!
I hope you enjoy these chocolate pumpkin cups. Here’s the recipe!
Inspired by the Shakeology peanut butter cups, but made clean with pumpkin and dark chocolate.
- 4 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 8 tablespoons of chocolate Shakeology (or 1 cup of dark chocolate chips)
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup organic pumpkin purée
- 2 tablespoons almond butter (my bf pb will be too strong of a flavor, in my opinion)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice
- Spray a mini muffin tin with coconut oil spray or line with muffin liners
- Place 2 tablespoons of coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl for 30 seconds or until it's melted.
- Stir in 4 tablespoons of chocolate Shakeology and mix well. Divide the chocolate mixture evenly between approximately 5-6 spots in a muffin tin. Place in the freezer for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the pumpkin layer. Combine all ingredients for pumpkin layer in a small bowl. Mix until well combined. Layer over the chocolate and freeze for 20 minutes or until firm.
- Melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of coconut oil in the microwave, then stir in the remaining 4 tablespoons of chocolate Shakeology.
- Pour over top of pumpkin layer and return pan to freezer for 5 minutes.
- Enjoy straight from the freezer or store in the fridge!
21 Day Fix Container Count:
Two chocolate pumpkin cups is a YELLOW treat 1/4 RED if you use Shakeology.
Need help meal planning for the 21 Day Fix? Check out my Etsy Shop for 21 Day Fix eBooks with full grocery lists, prep tips, and easy to follow recipes! I also do custom meal planning on request! Contact me at trueconfessionsofafitfoodie AT gmail DOT com – I’d love to help!