This 21 Day Fix Pumpkin Pie isn’t just a healthy holiday dessert, it is also a delicious holiday dessert! It’s also gluten, dairy, and refined sugar free, but you would never know – it’s THAT good! Now updated with WW Freestyle points too! This post contains affiliate links for products I’m obsessed with!
Confession #66 – I plan on enjoying every bite of Thanksgiving without regarding to containers, colors, or anything else. It’s only one day, right?
The problem, though, is when you start eating clean, even one meal or one day off track can make you feel totally awful.
Desserts full of butter and sugar seem to be the worst for me… and I love my holiday treats!
That’s where recipes like this clean pumpkin pie are awesome.
I originally posted this recipe my first year of blogging, just months after my son needed to be gluten and dairy free and we were hosting Thanksgiving. I was still new to this kind of baking and working with almond flour, especially. But I have grown to love it over the past few years and it’s definitely one of my go-to flours now.
The original photos of this pie are pretty awful, so much so, that I haven’t shared this one much over the years. But a sweet reader in one of my Facebook communities recently posted about this pie, raving about it and saying how much she and her family loved it.
Guys…nothing motivates me more to stay up late and work when my kids are in bed than hearing you love the recipes and that they are helping. For real.
And so, while planning to get new photos, I also played around with the Almond Flour crust a little bit. I LOVED the taste of the original crust, but it was very hard to work with and it tasted more like a cookie crust than a typical pie crust.
And so, I tried adding an egg and reducing the oil/butter by half. I also reduced the sweetener because I prefer a plain crust with this kind of pie. Guys…it freaking worked SO well. I honestly can’t believe it.
No need to roll this crust out, either. Just grab a spoon or use your fingers and smooth the dough out onto your pie plate. Just be sure to use a crust shield or some aluminum foil on the edges because almond flour crusts tend to brown pretty quickly (as you can see in my photo! They are not burned, but they do get dark and I did cover my edges).
We love this Healthy Pumpkin Pie topped with homemade coconut cream, which is super easy to make. Just refrigerate your can of coconut milk overnight and scoop out the thick white cream.
It really is super easy and worth the extra step, I promise!
Looking for more 21 Day Fix Pumpkin Recipes? Check these out!
Looking for more Thanksgiving recipes? Try one of these-
Here’s the 21 Day Fix Pumpkin Pie Recipe! Enjoy!Print
This 21 Day Fix Pumpkin Pie isn’t just a healthy holiday dessert, it is also a delicious holiday dessert! It’s also gluten, dairy, and refined sugar free, but you would never know – it’s THAT good! Now updated with WW Freestyle points too!
FOR THE CRUST (updated recipe):
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 T cold butter or vegan butter (I used Earth’s Balance) or 2T melted coconut oil or butter flavored coconut oil
- 1 egg
- 1–2 T pure maple syrup (I think it’s fine with 1, but you can add a second for more sweetness)
FOR THE FILLING:
- 15 oz. can pumpkin puree
- 1/3 C. honey
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 C. canned coconut milk
- 3 eggs, beaten
FOR THE WHIPPED TOPPING:
- 1 can of chilled coconut milk
- pinch of powdered stevia, or a tsp of coconut sugar or raw sugar (or more to taste)
FOR THE CRUST:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease the bottom of 9″ pie plate
- Place ingredients into a bowl and stir to form crumbles or use a stand mixer (I love my KitchenAid)
- Transfer dough to the prepared pie plate and press down with your hands or a spoon.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, then press crust down with a spoon.
FOR THE FILLING:
- Add the pumpkin puree, honey, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, vanilla, coconut milk, and eggs to a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk together until smooth. Pour into the pre-baked pie crust. **Cover edges of pie crust with foil to prevent browning. Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes, or until the top is slightly puffed and firmly set.
- Remove and let cool completely. Refrigerate.
FOR THE TOPPING:
- Remove chilled coconut milk from the fridge and gently turn the can upside down, but be sure not to shake it. Open the can and remove all of the clear coconut water. (Save this for your Shakeology.)
- Put the thick cream in your mixer bowl and stevia. Whip until you have soft, fluffy peaks. Taste and adjust sweetener as needed.
21 Day Fix: Count as 1 YELLOW treat swap
WW Freestyle: 10 points per slice without topping; 13 points per slice WITH topping
Keywords: pumpkin, pumpkin pie, fall, seasonal, dessert, pie, gluten-free, grain-free