Whipped ricotta is a delicious dessert with tons of protein to keep you full and satisfied. This pumpkin-y fall twist makes it extra yummy with no treat swap needed! This post contains affiliate links for products I’m obsessed with.
**This post was originally published on October 26, 2016, but has recently been updated with new photos! Same yummy recipe!
Confession #100 – I can’t believe I’ve actually confessed 100 things to you.
I mean, that’s crazy town!
I have to pinch myself sometimes because I literally dreamed about starting a food blog for years, and even came pretty close to doing it. But then the doubts and questions trickled in.
What qualifications do I have ( besides being hungry ALL THE TIME)?
And the biggest one…
Will anyone read it?
But I guess one day I just decided to go for it. And I still have so much room to grow, but that’s ok. You’ve gotta start somewhere.
If I had to give one piece of advice to anyone, hands down that’s what it would be.
You’ll figure out the rest as you go.
Annnnyway, you are here for a recipe. Just needed to get that out.
Another confession first?
I love to have a sweet treat before bed. So there is a good amount of container hoarding that goes on through my day.
And the easiest container for me to save is red. And that is why whipped ricotta RULES. It’s the new wonder whip in my world. I’ve used it in other sweet treats, including my Tiramisu Whipped Ricotta and Strawberries and Sweet Cream and I love that you don’t have to trade in a yellow to enjoy dessert after dinner (or lunch or breakfast!).
How to Make Whipped Ricotta Cheese
Making Whipped Ricotta is so simple!
- You just add ricotta cheese to your mixing bowl, then add your favorite sweetener and whip until it gets fluffy and smooth.
- You could also whip it using a food processor.
- And that’s it! Two steps to a deliciously creamy treat!
Pumpkin Spice Whipped Ricotta
Making Whipped Ricotta into a Fun Fall treat is really simple – just add the following ingredients:
- some pumpkin puree
- pumpkin spice
- maple syrup
Whip it all up and BOOM! You have a delicious Fall inspired sweet snack with tons of protein!
You don’t have to actually use your mixer to whip this up, but there is something about the texture of when it’s whipped that I just love. Otherwise, in a pinch, you could mix by hand and still have a yummy treat!
You could totally eat this one with a spoon, but it’s also delish with some apple slices. My daughter likes it when I add a few chocolate chips, too. YUM!
Can I have Whipped Ricotta on the 21 Day Fix? What about 2B Mindset and Weight Watchers?
You sure can! Whipped Ricotta is a perfect red for the 21 Day Fix and you can eat it any time of day on the 2B Mindset because it counts as a protein. Whipped Ricotta Cheese is also a great protein choice for WW!
More ways to enjoy Whipped Ricotta
I use whipped ricotta cheese in a bunch of my recipes because it’s such an awesome and filling snack!Print
Whipped ricotta is a delicious dessert with tons of protein to keep you full and satisfied. This pumpkin-y fall twist makes it extra yummy with no treat swap needed!
- 3/4 cup of part skim ricotta cheese (WW use Fat Free)
- 1 1/2 T pumpkin puree (or more to taste!)
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- sprinkle of salt
- ½ tsp stevia (or a few drops of the liquid)
- Using a hand mixer, whip ricotta, maple syrup, and vanilla until smooth and creamy. (If you are in a rush, just mix with a spoon!) Then whip in the pumpkin.
- Sprinkle with pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, salt, stevia (a few drops or ½ tsp). Mix and taste, adjusting seasonings as desired. Sprinkle with some more cinnamon and drizzle with a bit more maple syrup before serving.
- Eat with a spoon, add chocolate chips, or eat as a dip with apples! Yum!
21 Day Fix Container Count: 1 RED, but also count purple if you dip with apples, 1 sweetener tsp
WW Freestyle Points: 4 with or without an apple
- Serving Size: Serves one - you don’t have to share!!
Keywords: dessert, pumpkin, fall, winter, gluten-free, grain-free, low-carb