Cheesecake stuffed strawberries are the perfect protein dessert using whipped ricotta and juicy strawberries to make a tasty healthy treat! I love to eat this for snack any time of the day, and even breakfast too! This post contains affiliate links for products I’m obsessed with.
This post was originally published on May 21, 2015, but is being updated with new photos and new helpful tips!
Confession #30 – When I am following the 21 Day Fix, my days revolve around that darn yellow container. And, actually, the blue one, too.
But the idea of saving yellows for treats is rather, umm, bittersweet?
Sorry for the pun, but it’s true!
And that’s why this sweet treat is SO awesome.
Eat your quinoa, Flatout, or pasta! Drink that wine! Spend those yellows!
Because these little beauties are RED and PURPLE! Yay! Cheesecake stuffed strawberries are such a great little treat to maximize your 21 Day Fix containers or WW points.
Want something cream cheese based? Check out this traditional Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries recipe from Nutmeg Nanny!
How to make Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries
I used to make these stuffed strawberries with cream cheese and powdered sugar. I’m not lying- this fixed up, healthier version is BETTER! And they are packed with protein and fiber. Win Win!
Making Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries is really simple – you just need the following ingredients:
- part skim ricotta cheese (WW use Fat Free)
- pure vanilla extract
- pure maple syrup
- stevia (granules or liquid)
Making Whipped Ricotta Cheesecake Filling is so simple!
To make the Cheesecake filling for these stuffed strawberries is easy-
- You just add ricotta cheese to your mixing bowl, then add your favorite sweetener and whip until it gets fluffy and smooth.
- You could also whip it using a food processor.
- And that’s it! Two steps to a deliciously creamy treat!
Can I have Whipped Ricotta on the 21 Day Fix? What about 2B Mindset and Weight Watchers?
You sure can! Whipped Ricotta is a perfect red for the 21 Day Fix and you can eat it any time of day on the 2B Mindset because it counts as a protein. Whipped Ricotta Cheese is also a great protein choice for WW!
How long do Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries last? Can I make them ahead?
Whipped Ricotta will last a few days in the fridge in an air tight container. You can cut and prep the strawberries and ricotta, but keep them separate. When you are ready, give the ricotta a good stir and stuff the strawberries just before eating! I’ve also been known to eat the ricotta topped with diced strawberries, rather than stuffing them. Whatever works!
More ways to enjoy Whipped Ricotta-
I use whipped ricotta cheese in a bunch of my recipes because it’s such an awesome and filling snack!
Looking for more 21 Day Fix Desserts? Try one of these-
Cheesecake stuffed strawberries are the perfect protein dessert using whipped ricotta and juicy strawberries to make a tasty healthy treat! I love to eat this for snack any time of the day, and even breakfast too!
- 1 cup strawberries, hollowed out (diced strawberries will do the trick too!)
- 3/4 cup of part skim ricotta cheese (WW use Fat Free)
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp pure maple syrup
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- sprinkle of salt
- ½ tsp stevia (or a few drops of the liquid)
- Using a hand mixer, whip ricotta, maple syrup, and vanilla until smooth and creamy. (If you are in a rush, just mix with a spoon!)
- Sprinkle with cinnamon, salt, stevia (a few drops or ½ tsp). Mix and taste, adjusting seasonings as desired. Sprinkle with some more cinnamon and drizzle with a bit more maple syrup before serving.
- Fill the strawberries with the sweetened ricotta and enjoy a fiber and protein filled treat!
Makes 1 serving
21 Day Fix: 1 RED 1 PURPLE per serving
WW: Purple, Blue, & Green = 4 points per serving
Keywords: fruit, strawberries, treat, dessert, ricotta, low-sugar, low-cal, low-fat, grain-free, gluten-free