Crock Pot chicken fajitas are an easy and flavorful dinner. Made with lean chicken breast, tomatoes, peppers, onions, and homemade taco seasoning, this is a 21 Day Fix recipe you’ll love.
I have admitted to a love affair with my trusty crock pot many times before, but after viewing the results of my Reader Survey, I see I am not alone! Lots of requests for more crock pot recipes and even a crock pot ebook.
You, amazing readers, are speaking my language.
I promise lots of healthy, CLEAN, and easy crock pot recipes are heading your way!
Like this one…
Apparently I am no good at photographing crock pot food.
That’s ok. I am REALLY good at eating it, so it evens out.
This Fix Approved Fajita recipe is easy to throw together and delicious with tortillas, in a fajita bowl, or even on a taco salad. We eat this a lot for dinner, but it would be great to prep ahead of time for lunches throughout the week. If you give it a try, let me know!
I hope you enjoy these Crock Pot chicken fajitas!
Tender, juicy chicken breast is slow cooked with tomatoes, onions, bell peppers and homemade taco seasoning.
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (14.5 oz) can of tomatoes with green chili peppers or fire roasted tomatoes (I used fire roasted because that is what I had - YUM!)
- 3 green bell peppers, sliced in thin strips
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced in thin strips
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 T of Homemade Taco Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 pepper
- Pour 1/2 can of tomatoes in the Crock Pot.
- Top with 1/2 the bell peppers and onions; Sprinkle in garlic and add chicken breast on top of veggies.
- Season one side the chicken with 1/2 of taco seasoning, flip and sprinkle remaining tablespoon over the second half. Pour the rest of the tomatoes and veggies over top the chicken.
- Cover, cook on low heat for 6 hours or on high for 3-4.
- Remove chicken, cut into strips or shred. You can ladle out some of the broth if your fajitas are too soupy.
- Serve in warmed tortillas and top with fresh lime juice and Greek Yogurt or make a fajita bowl like we did! I used brown rice, fresh lime, avocado, cheese and Greek Yogurt.
21 Day Fix Container Count:
Makes approximately 5 servings (about 1 1/2 cups each)
Each serving is 1 RED, 1 GREEN
Don't forget to count your toppings!
Are you doing a round of the 21 Day Fix? Don’t do it alone – let me coach you! Contact me at trueconfessionsofafitfoodie AT gmail DOT com to join my current challenge group for daily motivation, recipe ideas, and the support of over 200 women. Check out my Etsy Shop for 21 Day Fix eBooks with full grocery lists, prep tips, and easy to follow recipes!