Asian Style Crock Pot Chicken uses coconut aminos, honey, coconut oil, and tomato paste to transform chicken thighs in the magic of the Crock Pot in 4 hours. We love to pair it with green beans and Freezer Friendly Instant Pot Brown Rice! This post contains affiliate links for products I’m obsessed with.
Confession #71 – I, too, have my share of kitchen fails.
I hope you all realize that.
The worst is when I get a great pic of something for the blog…and then I taste it, and it’s just ok.
Nobody wants to spend money or time on food that’s just ok.
I hope you trust in me that I only share the very best of what happens in my kitchen with you.
Like this dish. Which, in my opinion, rivals the best Asian takeout restaurant in my town.
Oh…and it’s completely clean, gluten free, and dairy free. My food sensitive toddler gobbled it up.
If you give it a try, let me know what you think!
Asian Style Crock Pot Chicken
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/3 cup coconut aminos can sub low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Dash crushed red pepper
- 2 teaspoons rice flour optional or sub whatever flour you have
- Place chicken in the crock pot
- In a small bowl, mix the rest of the ingredients together.
- Pour over chicken and cook in crockpot on low for 4 hours.
- Once finished, remove chicken and cut into cubes.
- To thicken sauce, either keep in crock pot for a few additional hours with lid off, or use a saucepan and whisk in two teaspoons of flour, if desired, and cook for a few minutes, stirring frequently.
- Serve chicken and sauce over brown rice or quinoa and your choice of veggie.