This 21 Day Fix Instant Pot Asian Chicken is a family favorite; it’s a fast, easy, and delicious dinner that’s FIX approved, gluten-free, dairy-free, and paleo friendly. This post contains affiliate links for products I am obsessed with. Thank you for your support!
Remember this one?
And now I have even updated it with new photos, because thanks to the magic of the Instant Pot, this is now a one pot meal for us!
This was always a super popular recipe for the Crock Pot, but now I only make it in the Instant Pot. A few lovely ladies in my challenge group actually tried this one before I did and gave it rave reviews! I actually changed my meal plan to try it asap…and they were right! It was amazing.
There’s something about the Instant Pot that makes even the tastiest dishes even tastier.
Have you tried yours yet?
I kept this recipe pretty much the same at the original, but used my favorite Saute function at the end to thicken the sauce. And because we were in a hurry, I added a couple of teaspoons of rice flour and whisked it up a bit.
After cook time and a ten minute natural release, carefully (using oven mitts) remove rice from the Instant Pot and also remove the chicken using a slotted spoon, keeping the sauce in the Instant Pot. Set both aside.
Place green beans in your Steamer Basket. Do not add any more liquid, as you will use the Asian Chicken sauce to steam the beans. Set your Instant Pot to manual or pressure cook for 1 minute. Do a quick release.
Now you can thicken the sauce and enjoy your meal!
And my favorite part?
This tastes even BETTER the next day.
Well, if you are lucky enough to have leftovers, that is!Print
This 21 Day Fix Instant Pot Asian Chicken is a family favorite; it’s a fast, easy, and delicious dinner that’s FIX approved, gluten-free, dairy-free, and paleo friendly.
- 1-2 lbs of chicken thighs (1lb for 4 servings)
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 1/3 cup of coconut aminos
- 1 T tomato paste
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- a dash of crushed red pepper
- 2 tsp rice flour (optional)
- Place chicken in the Instant Pot.
- In a small bowl, mix the rest of the ingredients together, except flour.
- Pour over honey mixture over chicken and place the top on the pressure cooker. **If you are using an 8 quart pot, add 2/3 cup of water.
- Turn to high pressure and set for 15 minutes. It should take about 15 minutes to come to pressure.
- After the timer is up, switch to quick release.
- To thicken sauce, remove chicken and set to saute. Whisk in two teaspoons of flour, if desired, and cook for a few minutes, stirring frequently. Then add chicken back in and keep warm until you are ready to eat.
- Serve chicken and sauce over rice or quinoa and your choice of veggie.
1 RED, 1 tsp (this is just the chicken, not the sides)
- Serving Size: 2
Keywords: asian, instant pot, chicken, dinner, lunch, gluten-free, dairy-free
Want to make dinner planning a breeze? Check out my eBooks on Etsy with delicious and easy FIX approved recipes, full grocery lists, and prep tips to keep your time in the kitchen to a minimum!