This 21 Day Fix Instant Pot Asian Chicken is a family favorite; it’s a fast, easy, and delicious dinner that’s FIX approved, gluten-free, dairy-free, and paleo friendly. This post contains affiliate links for products I am obsessed with. Thank you for your support!
Remember this one?
And now I have even updated it with new photos, because thanks to the magic of the Instant Pot, this is now a one pot meal for us!
This was always a super popular recipe for the Crock Pot, but now I only make it in the Instant Pot. A few lovely ladies in my challenge group actually tried this one before I did and gave it rave reviews! I actually changed my meal plan to try it asap…and they were right! It was amazing.
There’s something about the Instant Pot that makes even the tastiest dishes even tastier.
Have you tried yours yet?
I kept this recipe pretty much the same at the original, but used my favorite Saute function at the end to thicken the sauce. And because we were in a hurry, I added a couple of teaspoons of rice flour and whisked it up a bit.
After cook time and a ten minute natural release, carefully (using oven mitts) remove rice from the Instant Pot and also remove the chicken using a slotted spoon, keeping the sauce in the Instant Pot. Set both aside.
Place green beans in your Steamer Basket. Do not add any more liquid, as you will use the Asian Chicken sauce to steam the beans. Set your Instant Pot to manual or pressure cook for 1 minute. Do a quick release.
Now you can thicken the sauce and enjoy your meal!
And my favorite part?
This tastes even BETTER the next day.
Well, if you are lucky enough to have leftovers, that is!Print
This 21 Day Fix Instant Pot Asian Chicken is a family favorite; it’s a fast, easy, and delicious dinner that’s FIX approved, gluten-free, dairy-free, and paleo friendly.
- 1–2 lbs of boneless skinless chicken thighs (1lb for 4 servings)
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 1/3 cup of coconut aminos (or sub low sodium soy sauce if you aren’t gluten free)
- 1 T tomato paste
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- a dash of crushed red pepper
- 2 tsp rice flour (optional)
Cooking without rice
- Place chicken in the Instant Pot.
- In a small bowl, mix the rest of the ingredients together, except flour.
- Pour over honey mixture over chicken and place the top on the pressure cooker. **If you are using an 8 quart pot, add 2/3 cup of water.
- Turn to high pressure and set for 15 minutes. It should take about 15 minutes to come to pressure.
- After the timer is up, switch to quick release.
- To thicken sauce, remove chicken and set to saute. Whisk in two teaspoons of flour, if desired, and cook for a few minutes, stirring frequently. Then add chicken back in and keep warm until you are ready to eat.
- Serve chicken and sauce over rice or quinoa and your choice of veggie.
Cooking with rice (PIP)
- Place chicken in the Instant Pot.
- In a small bowl, mix the rest of the ingredients together, except flour and rice.
- Pour over honey mixture over chicken. **If you are using an 8 quart pot, add 2/3 cup of water.
- Place your trivet over the chicken and liquid.
- In a IP safe pot, add equal parts rice and water. I usually do 1-2 cups of rice and then the same amount of water. Cover with foil.
- Place your pot of rice on the trivet (use your sling if you have one or make an aluminum foil sling)
- Set your IP for 22 minutes. Then do a 10 minute natural release.
- Carefully remove rice from Instant Pot, then the trivet and the chicken.
- To thicken sauce, set IP to saute. Whisk in two teaspoons of flour, if desired, and cook for a few minutes, stirring frequently. Then add chicken back in and keep warm until you are ready to eat.
- Serve chicken and sauce over rice and your choice of veggie.
21 day fix- 1 RED, 1 tsp (this is just the chicken, not the sides)
WW Freestyle- 9 points if using chicken thighs, 5 points if using chicken breast (this is just the chicken, not the sides)
- Serving Size: 4 if using 1lb chicken, 8 if using 2lb
Keywords: asian, instant pot, chicken, dinner, lunch, gluten-free, dairy-free
Want to make dinner planning a breeze? Check out my eBooks on Etsy with delicious and easy FIX approved recipes, full grocery lists, and prep tips to keep your time in the kitchen to a minimum!