Confession #71 – I, too, have my share of kitchen fails.
I hope you all realize that.
The worst is when I get a great pic of something for the blog…and then I taste it, and it’s just ok.
Nobody wants to spend money or time on food that’s just ok.
I hope you trust in me that I only share the very best of what happens in my kitchen with you.
Like this dish. Which, in my opinion, rivals the best Asian takeout restaurant in my town.
Honey and coconut aminos do amazing things together when left alone in the crock pot.
Oh…and it’s completely clean, gluten free, and dairy free. My food sensitive toddler gobbled it up.
If you give it a try, let me know what you think!Print
- 1-2 lbs of chicken thighs (1lb for 4 servings)
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 1/3 cup of coconut aminos
- 1 T tomato paste
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- a dash of crushed red pepper
- Place chicken in the crock pot
- In a small bowl, mix the rest of the ingredients together.
- Pour over chicken and cook in crockpot on low for 4 hours.
- Once finished, remove chicken and cut into cubes.
- To thicken sauce, either keep in crock pot for a few additional hours with lid off or remove sauce and simmer in a saucepan over medium heat until it is reduced by half.
- Serve chicken and sauce over rice or quinoa and your choice of veggie.
1 RED, 1 tsp (this is just the chicken, not the sides)
- Serving Size: 4 for 1 lb of chicken, 8 for 2lbs of chicken
Keywords: asian, dinner, slow cooker, chicken, gluten-free, grain-free, high protein, low-carb
*This post contains affiliate links – thanks for your support!