Confession #100 – I can’t believe I’ve actually confessed 100 things to you.
I mean, that’s crazy town!
I have to pinch myself sometimes because I literally dreamed about starting a food blog for years, and even came pretty close to doing it. But then the doubts and questions trickled in.
Who am I to start a food blog?
What qualifications do I have ( besides being hungry ALL THE TIME)?
And the biggest one…
Will anyone read it?
But I guess one day I just decided to go for it. And I still have so much room to grow, but that’s ok. You’ve gotta start somewhere.
If I had to give one piece of advice to anyone, hands down that’s what it would be.
You’ll figure out the rest as you go.
Annnnyway, you are here for a recipe. Just needed to get that out.
Another confession first?
I love to have a sweet treat before bed. So there is a good amount of container hording that goes on through my day.
And the easiest container for me to save is red. And that is why ricotta RULES. It’s the new yogurt in my world. I’ve used it in other sweet treats, including my Tiramisu Whipped Ricotta and Strawberries and Sweet Cream and I love that you don’t have to trade in a yellow to enjoy dessert after dinner!
You don’t have to actually use your mixer to whip this up, but there is something about the texture of when it’s whipped that I just love. Otherwise, in a pinch, you could mix by hand and still have a yummy treat!
You could totally eat this one with a spoon, but it’s also delish with some apple slices. My daughter likes it when I add a few chocolate chips, too. YUM!
What else can we make with ricotta? Hmmm…I’d love to hear your ideas!
Yields: 1 serving
Serving Size: Serves one - you don’t have to share!!
- 2/3 cup of ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 T pumpkin puree (or more to taste!)
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- sprinkle of salt
- ½ tsp stevia (or a few drops of the liquid)
- Using a hand mixer, whip ricotta, pumpkin, ½ tsp maple syrup, and vanilla until smooth and creamy. (If you are in a rush, just mix with a spoon!)
- Sprinkle with pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, salt, stevia (a few drops or ½ tsp). Mix and taste, adjusting seasonings as desired. Sprinkle with some more cinnamon and drizzle with a bit more maple syrup before serving.
- Eat with a spoon, add chocolate chips, or eat as a dip with apples! Yum!
21 Day Fix Container Count:
1 RED, but also count purple if you dip with Apples