Buffalo chicken chili has everything you love about Buffalo chicken wings, without the sticky fingers! This ground chicken chili has some spicy heat, but it’s cooled down with Greek yogurt and blue cheese crumbles. Even better news is that it is a 21 Day Fix approved recipe!
- 1 cup of carrots, peeled and sliced into half-moons
- 1 cup of chopped celery
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 of an onion, diced
- 1 – 1 1/2 pounds of lean ground chicken
- 1 28oz can of diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon chili powder, or more to taste
- 1/4 cup hot sauce, or more to taste
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup of blue cheese crumbles
- cooking spray
- Coat a large pot or Dutch oven with cooking spray, and preheat it over medium-high heat. Add the carrots, celery, and onion; saute until tender (about ten minutes.) If necessary, add a tablespoon or two of water to prevent scorching.
- Add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute. Add the ground chicken, reapplying cooking spray if necessary. Sauté, stirring continuously and breaking the chicken into small pieces, for 5 minutes or until cooked through.
- Pour tomatoes in a blender and pulse a few times so the texture is more like a chunky tomato juice. Measure out 2 cups of the tomatoes and combine with hot sauce and chili powder to taste. Stir mixture into chicken and veggies. If you need more tomatoes or seasoning, add it little by little. The chili will thicken a bit once cooked. Freeze extra tomatoes – you can use it in veggie soup!
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, partially covered, stirring occasionally, for about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix the blue cheese crumbles with the Greek yogurt for the topping.
- This serves 3 to 4 people (depending on the amount of meat), so ladle equally into bowls and top with blue cheese yogurt and chives.
21 Day Fix: 1 RED, 1 GREEN, 1/4 BLUE
WW freestyle: 8 points per serving WITH topping
Keywords: soup, chili, chicken, buffalo chicken, gluten-free, grain-free, low-carb, high protein, dinner, lunch