Butternut Squash Latkes are a veggie filled alternative to the classic. Using minimal oil, they are a great way to enjoy latkes and stay on plan, too!
- 2 cups of butternut squash, shredded or spiralized
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 T diced onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- sprinkle of salt and pepper
- 1 tsp olive oil
- olive oil cooking spray
- In a large bowl, mix together squash, eggs, onion, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Coat a a large nonstick pan with cooking spray, then heat over medium-low heat. When it gets hot, add a half teaspoon of olive oil and swirl around the pan.
- Gently add about 1/3 cup of the squash mixture to the pan, lightly pressing down with a fork. Add two more to the pan and cook until golden on the bottom (about three minutes). Flip. Use the spatula to press down and flatten. Cook about 3 more minutes or until golden.
- Remove from pan and repeat with the remaining squash mixture.
- Serve warm. Great topped with Greek yogurt!
Recipe yields 6 latkes. Each serving is 3 latkes.
21 Day Fix: 1 GREEN, 1/2 RED, 1/2 tsp per serving
WW Freestyle: 1 point per serving
- Serving Size: 3 latkes
Keywords: side, appetizer, latkes, butternut squash, winter squash, low-carb, grain-free, gluten-free, vegetarian